Spoiled BSG Crossroads

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
Now that the third season of BSG is over, we have unresolved issues. I didn't like it that Starbuck shows up in the very last scene. Why? It hints of a happy ending, closure, that the series is over, and that the producers are scared to tell anyone, that there won't be any more.

Balthar is exonerated. Now there's a man with some major issues. Personality problems. When he got cozy with Caprica 6, he was constantly whining, " Am I a Cylon?" After the verdict is read at his trial, suddenly he asks, " Am I a lawyer?" Heaven help us if he ever goes to the World Series.

The final five:

This is never explored as thoroughly as I would have liked. Four of the five are able to hear the siren's song over an old radio in the ship's bar and grill. Okay, I can buy that. But, Bob Dylan's " All Along the Watch Tower"? Are they really Cylons or have the Jehovah's Witnesses come to call? Or was it Dylan Hunt, captain of the Andromeda Ascendant? Are these four of the final five or are they merely Nietzcheans? Are we dealing with the Avatar of the Abyss, or has the Nietzchean Empire reprogrammed the Cylons? Face it, a Magog can not eat a toaster.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
There will be one more season, and then it'll be over. I think it will be a happy ending.. probably the Cylons and the humans will somehow learn to live happily ever after.

Baltar is awesomely kooky! Even though the trial was borderline ridiculous.. a defense lawyer can't be called to the witness stand, what Lee said on the stand was true. They've all done these terrible things, and how can they hold Baltar responsible for his mistakes and not themselves. I can't wait to see what Baltar does next season with his little cult followers.

RM said somewhere that he used All Along the Watchtower because, it's one of his favorite songs, and it was to show that life is cyclical. It's all happened before and it will all happen again. Something about some version of that song existing in every cycle.. well that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it probably does to him somehow. The 4 are real Cylons but somehow different from the others.

Toxicdistortion

TK addict
Yeah, I think there's a gulf of sorts between the Final 5 and the Original 7. Whether that gulf arose out of ideological conflict between the two groups or whether it's hierarchical, who knows? It could be any number of reasons. I choose to think that the F5 are fundamentally different from the O7, in a good way.