Star Trek: Discovery season 2

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Airiam was sending messages to Section 31 headquarters, it kind of makes sense that it would be in Section 31's systems.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
This week's was better, I thought, as it slowed down a bit with good character scenes between Michael and her mother. The sequence where we saw some of the stuff mom got up to in the timesuit should have been a lot longer though.

Sure looked like Leland was "assimilated" by Control, didn't it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, the birth of the Borg, that would be cool.

CaptainWacky

No it wouldn't.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IT COULD BE :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

"Section 31 created the Borg!" sounds like the kind of plot of one of those non-canon books I never read and was glad were non-canon.

whisky

Boobie inspector
But the borg in first contact were trying to use the deflector to contact the borg in the 21st century so they already existed then.

CaptainWacky

There would have to be time travel involved since the Borg were obviously around for hundreds of years at this point, plus they'd have to be transported to the Deleta Quadrant. But hey they have have a time travel method and spore drive...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
See, you just wrote the story!

The Question

Eternal
But the borg in first contact were trying to use the deflector to contact the borg in the 21st century so they already existed then.

Yeah, but that's in Star Trek continuity, which Discovery wants nothing to do with beyond bait-and-switching a pre-warmed audience.

CaptainWacky

See, you just wrote the story!

(Michael in bed. There's the noise of someone transporting into her room.)

Michael: Computer, lights...

Voice: No. I don't want you to see me like this...

Michael: Mom!?

Mom: I did it. I defeated Leland. I had to make...sacrifices.

Michael: What? And how?

Mom: I am their leader now, Michael.

Michael: No!

(Mom steps out of the shadows. She's HALF BORG.)

Mom: Yes. I bring order to chaos.

SEASON ENDS

The Question

Eternal
Mom: Also, I apologize for naming you Michael.

Michael: What? Why?

Mom: You looked like a boy. Your father said no, but he was a little beta male pussy, so I slapped him around a little until he ran off crying.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They should get Q to send them off to the Delta quadrant!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Michael’s mother was very well cast and there was some good use of Michelle Yao (making her even closer to the original Georgiou), but it does look worryingly like a Borg origin story. :|

whisky

Boobie inspector
Of corse first contact makes very little sense when you think about it.

If the ultimate goal was to go back in time and assimilate earth in the 21st century, why travel to earth in the 24?

Go back in time in the Delta quadrant, have a leasurly journey to earth with no pesky starfleet ships tagging along.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
No trans-warp conduits back in the 21st?

whisky

Boobie inspector
They are going back in time, if they went far enough back they could go to earth on impulse power if they wanted.