Star Trek: Discovery season 2

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think the old thread is long enough and we could start fresh talking about this season without repeating the same posts again and again.

It starts January 17th (18th on Netflix UK.)

The Question

Eternal
Spock with a train-jumping-hobo beard. Charming.

I like how they're supposed to be bold, brave, and courageous, though. Nothing like being adjective, synonym, and synonym to get the day started.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I will watch it!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked discovery appearing in front of them on the planet

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I’m looking forward to it.

CaptainWacky

Also Spock smiled all the time in 'The Cage' so technically we can't complain about that!

The Question

Eternal
I’m looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it being canceled, preferably with an apology from CBS for having launched it and their announcement that Axanar can go ahead as a feature-length fan film.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
Three live action series and a new cartoon series?

Oversaturation much?

The Question

Eternal
Looks like they're going forward with the Georgiou spin-off.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/star-t...lippa-georgiou-series-development-1202534747/

I like Michelle Yeoh but I can't really get over the whole thing where the Empress is a genocidal cannibal but we're supposed to like her because she makes funny quips now.

Well, that's a nauseating-ass article.

“Michelle has shattered ceilings, broken boundaries, and astonished us with her grace and gravitas for decades,” Star Trek EP and expansion overlord Alex Kurtzman said in a statement today.”As a human, I adore her. As an actor, I revere her,”

Jesus. Suck her clit harder, ya pansy, maybe a fucking Cherry Pez will pop out of it.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Well, that's a nauseating-ass article.

“Michelle has shattered ceilings, broken boundaries, and astonished us with her grace and gravitas for decades,” Star Trek EP and expansion overlord Alex Kurtzman said in a statement today.”As a human, I adore her. As an actor, I revere her,”

Jesus. Suck her clit harder, ya pansy, maybe a fucking Cherry Pez will pop out of it.

lol, yes, it does seem a little over the top there.

The Question

Eternal
And what the hell is with that line, "Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous."

Was that supposed to be inspiring, or something? It's just three synonyms. Is that the best they could get out of the writers?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm sure the adventures of Mrs space Hitler will turn out just fine.

The Question

Eternal
And if you don't like The Super Woke Adventures Of Mizz Hyper-Intersectional Grrrrl-Powr Womyn In Space(tm), don't you dare put the blame on bad writing, Mary Sue-ism, or ham-fisted moralizing; it will be simply because you Just Doesn't Get It.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether they'll dial up her Super Intersectionality Powers even further by deciding that she's lesbian. So far it hasn't come up in Discovery (that I know of) but bet on it in her own show. Like Vastra and Jenny Flint between Doctor Who's seventh and eighth seasons. You know how, in the seventh season it was just a fact about the two of them. In the 8th season premiere, they could hardly shut the hell up about it.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Maybe it will be fun to have a series based on a genocidal cannibal!

Maybe the Klingons hire her to eat all the Tribbles and that's how the Great Tribble Hunt really played out.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It could happen!

It does kinda make sense to have someone evil at the start of Section 31.

CaptainWacky

I think Section 31's supposed to have been around for a hundred years by this time.