Star Trek: Discovery season 2

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I didn't mind the Klingon stuff so much, but it wasn't great. I guess they did that to get Tyler back, and introduce Section 31.

Why didn't anyone think to find out what Tilly's spore ghost wants? Why hasn't Tilly asked it? grr

It probably wants to tell Stamets that Dr Thinybob is alive / has some message from the network.

I could’ve done without the Klingon stuff but hopefully it’s done with for the most part. L’Rell will probably show up again but without loads of her boring friends.

I like the Section 31 bridge design. The outside of the ship is awful of course. Kind of annoying to have an episode hijacked to introduce the new series, but it does actually look like it could be interesting. A bit like Killjoys I imagine.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Two good episodes with no klingons, the first episode with klingons was bad, coincidence?

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasnt so cliche.

Uncle klingon doesn't like me.
Uncle klingon likes me now.
Uncle klingon is murdered

The Question

Eternal
Are the Disco Klingons no longer mumbly fish-heads?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
This week's was back to being pretty good, the highlight being Doug Jones' acting as Saru. He's really good at expressiving things through the make-up. The sphere story could have been better if they'd actually given the sphere some kind of identity. The "it looks like music!" and "it died so we could tell its story!" lines didn't really ring true.

Stamets and Reno together was quite good but Tilly getting possessed by the spore thing in a different way every week is getting repetitive.

Rebecca Romijn seemed like a good Number One but here scene was way too short and seemed to only be there to explain why the Enterprise doesn't have holo communicators (which wouldn't have been necessary if they'd just not introduced holo communicators to the show.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They tricked me! I was crying because Saru was dying, lol. I'm glad they tricked me.

CaptainWacky

I wish someone working on this show had actually watched DS9's Section 31 episodes before including them. Because walking around in black leather with their own special black badges doesn't really fit anything Sloan told Bashir about their history!

So Culbert has a mushroom body now.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Just felt like filler to me, also constantly mentioning Spock and never showing him is already overplayed.

The Question

Eternal
Rebecca Romijn seemed like a good Number One but here scene was way too short and seemed to only be there to explain why the Enterprise doesn't have holo communicators (which wouldn't have been necessary if they'd just not introduced holo communicators to the show.)

Indeed. Ya don't have ta un-fuck your sci-fi period piece if you don't make it all, "in the nowwwwww..." in the first place. They basically had to wait until Season 2 to ruggedize the tech when they could have used a throwaway line in the pilot to explain a pre-TOS look by just saying that they'd already done it.

"This is supposed to be an advanced science vessel, why do the controls and displays look so primitive?"
"So that every time we get on screen with somebody they're not reading our computer displays. Beat your head against that bulkhead for even asking that question, Ensign."

The Question

Eternal
I wish someone working on this show had actually watched DS9's Section 31 episodes before including them. Because walking around in black leather with their own special black badges doesn't really fit anything Sloan told Bashir about their history!

So Culbert has a mushroom body now.

But it looks so cooooooool, maaaan!

The Question

Eternal
Just felt like filler to me, also constantly mentioning Spock and never showing him is already overplayed.

Smacks of, "No, really, it's Star Trek! It is! Really!"

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad Hugh is alive again. Next week looks like there will be a lot of Saru, which is always good.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!

CaptainWacky

I'm glad Hugh is alive again. Next week looks like there will be a lot of Saru, which is always good.
Maybe they'll give Culber a personality now.

I hope they don't make Saru into a risk-taking bad boy who smokes on the bridge.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH, they could make him into the lady's man!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked this week’s, but they are really overdoing the Section 31 stuff. Ok, you have a show to promote, we get it, but they’re supposed to be secret!

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Weren't they pretty clandestine during Enterprise as well? I don't remember much about it but Reed was a member of Section 31 and nobody knew about them, at least until Archer confined him to the brig for awhile and he squealed like a pig. Or something, it's been awhile.

This one was a total snoozer for me. I guess I'm supposed to be glad they technobabbled Culber back to life but he didn't make much of an impression on me in s1, and why did they bother killing him off in the first place?

I'm guessing Georgiou has a Hitler mustache growing above her nether regions or something.

Tilly still bugs me, so I guess that's consistent.