Star Trek: Discovery season 2

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You didn't miss the Captain thing. They left that undecided on purpose.

They made the whole thing a goodbye tearjerker :rwmad:

I think Spock is in a shuttle in the previews, so maybe he won't get through the wormhole. It would be cool if they have part of the next season in the future. Obviously they will figure out how to get back, they always figure that sort of thing out on Star Trek!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
All those goodbyes really dragged. It took less time for the Tenth Doctor to pop his cloggs.

I must say I quite liked their version of the Enterprise’s bridge. It had the essence of the original while looking a lot more expensive (I’m not going to say it looked realistic because nothing functional is crammed with so many lens flares).

It’ll be interesting to see what they show of the future. Anything could happen, from her bumping into Picard, to finding herself at the end of time.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Michelle Yao is in the Section 31 show, right? So unless she joins Spock on his shuttle trip they’ll have to return to their time so she can make it to the premiere!

whisky

Boobie inspector
We already know from short treks that the discovery was alone for 1000 years, so I assume that the ship does not take a short cut to the future.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
That could have been a quantum duplicate (or some shit) of Discovery in the Short Treks episode.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Then again, they have tied in the Tilly and the Saru one, so it makes sense they’d do the same with the future one.

CaptainWacky

So how will the Mudd one tie in? Control takes over Mudd's robots?

The Question

Eternal
That could have been a quantum duplicate (or some shit) of Discovery in the Short Treks episode.

There you go, that's what Control is. Bet it's got a horrible facial scar, too.

whisky

Boobie inspector
This is kind of how I thought enterprise would end, with a secret to keep the name out of history.

Pretty sure when they wrote this, they weren't expecting a 3rd season.

Love what they did with the enterprise.

Also tough peice of glass that can hold back an explosion at point blank range that blew the front of the ship off.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
That was... actually... pretty good???

They managed to spend this season making the main cast of Discovery actually good and interesting, to the point where I'm actually looking forward to season 3????

Everything with Pike and the Enterprise was actually really good instead of being really, really bad like it could have been????

I was a bit annoyed that the space battle was just a lot of smaller ships, we really need a good starship-on-starship fight at some point.

Everything with the Admiral and the torpedo was pretty bad. Like there was no reason to kill her off since she could have just stayed behind and we never would have seen her again!

The time jumps looked cool.

"Yum yum" was bad.

IltVJob.jpg

BUT ANY TIME THEY THROW OUT A DIRECT REFERENCE TO THE MOTION PICTURE I AM THERE FOR IT AND I WAS EXTREMELY THERE FOR THIS.

RgRdump.jpg

gcp0r7y.jpg

whisky

Boobie inspector
Come to think of it, why couldn't one of those repair robots they sent out onto the hull pull the manual door release, or ask some redshirt?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That was really exciting and cinematic and nail biting! Can't wait to see what happens to Discovery in the FUTURE.

The Question

Eternal
Our panel of judges will accept Season 2 as damage control for Season 1.

CaptainWacky

Come to think of it, why couldn't one of those repair robots they sent out onto the hull pull the manual door release, or ask some redshirt?

Seriously they literally show those cute little repair droids (which were OBVIOUSLY inspired by R2's first appearance in the Phantom Menace) but then pointlessly sacrifice a human.

It was certainly a good looking episode. The space battle was big. Maybe too big since I couldn't really follow a lot of the action (and probably no need for Saru's sister to show up.) Some of the effects were nice and weird looking like when Michaal was jumping around in the Red Angel suit (even though I'm pretty sure they said they could only jump once with the time crystal but she jumped about seven times?)

It was weird how like the last ten minutes were the Enterprise crew and it felt like they're the crew we're going to be watching from now on...except they're not. And I can see why they gave Spock a beard because he looked weird without it.

The whole reason they were going into the future was so Control couldn't get the sphere data, right? But...Control was defeated. Wiped out. Yet they still went to the future because!?!?!?!?!

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
The whole reason they were going into the future was so Control couldn't get the sphere data, right? But...Control was defeated. Wiped out. Yet they still went to the future because!?!?!?!?!

They had no guarantee it wouldn't come back in some form, and it was too dangerous for the sphere data to be around, so just to be safe they went through with the plan.