Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The furious fucking should be more graphically displayed though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
That episode shouldn't really be associated with reunification. Just seemed like a pathetic excuse to tie it in with Picard.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yet another potentially interesting episode ruined by the fact that it was instead about how Michael Burnham is the best, most important person ever and only when she can work out her personal issues can the Federation be safe ugghhhhh. Fuck them for even implying that Spock was good because of her. OH LOOK HER MUM'S THERE FOR SOME REASON

The clip of Nimoy was by a long, long way the best acting in the entire episode, and the most likable character.

"I invoke this ancient Vulcan right but, uh, can you guys come to us? We really don't have the budget for more planet sets at the moment."

"Ensign Tilly, I need a new Number One and since your name is the next one in the opening credits, I'm picking you for some reason."

whisky

Boobie inspector
The captain's floppy arms when he walked was super distracting, he looked like he was flossing.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So she was alone with Book on his ship for a year without shagging him, but park the ship in their shuttle bay and she's all over him.

Who'd have thought she was into dogging?

CaptainWacky

So Michael didn't ask Book (or anyone they met) about Vulcan in that year she was on his ship? Seems weird! And yeah it's funny that they give us the promsie of seeing a whole new Vulcan and then the ancient ritual takes place on Discovery instead. But with some flames around the room. At least we found out her mum wasn't responsible for the Burn.

Picard was secretly filming Spock the entire time they were together in 'Unification'? Or did they dowload the footage from Picard's android brain (remember: Jean-Luc Picard is a robot.)

Tilly the first officer, when she's shown literally no skill at commanding people? She needs constant reassurance (including in this very episode!) and we're supposed to believe she can be trusted to take command if Saru is ever incapacitated. Good luck!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Don't worry, when she can't cope Micheal will step in to replace her, while both of them cry.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It was weird watching this episode on the same day as that Mandalorian episode because that episode was really well done fanservice that got it exactly right and this seemed to try for the same thing but got the exact opposite result.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Did the writers call up Braga for advice?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Also why where the Vulcans/romulans looking into alternative ways of faster than light travel that didn't rely on dilithium when the romulans already had one?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also HOW CAN A LAND LAUNCHED PROBE MAKE IT FROM VERIDIAN III TO ITS OWN SUN IN ONLY 11 SECONDS? (sorry, Generations was on this morning and it still bugs me)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Also how come it takes the light from the sun four minutes to reach the earth, but a bird of prey traveling at warp 9.9 takes twice as long to make the same journey? I recently watched ST IV.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It takes 499 seconds for light to reach us from the sun, which is roughly 8 minutes. But I’m sure there are lots of other things wrong with the movie.

I was looking forward to this episode as I’d heard about the Romulan Vulcan reunification. That was a good idea, including changing the planet’s name so it doesn’t favour one half of the population.

The rest of the episode not so much. I can forgive them not being able to afford elaborate sets for Vulcan but they could’ve at least made some excuse. Maybe non-Vulcans or Romulans are allowed down there.

Did anyone pick up on one of the ships mentioned being the USS Yelchin after the actor?

I do like Saru’s floppy arms. I’ve noticed he does that a lot and it really adds to his frail alien look.

Tilly being first officer is bonkers. I think the blond woman who originally played Airiam is actually next in line. She was second officer when Michael and Saru were away. But yeah I guess they didn’t want to build up a non-main.

CaptainWacky

Yeah the blonde lady was left in command before so she should be mad at Tilly. But she only gets one line every episode so probably wouldn't make an effective first officer if the plot called for her to speak more than once.

I read about the Yelchin somewhere else, a nice tribute.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Where to begin..

Another entire episode hijacked by the Michael Burnham crying hugging show. Try working on some of the other fucking characters. Why does Suru pick Tilly as a first officer? Because of the one time she stood there last week and said Michael is a naughty? Do we really think this will be the making of her? I mean, I hope so, but do people who lack that much confidence go that way in real life? Very rarely.

The new Not Vulcan turns out to be ditchwater dull. The OMG ANCIENT VULCAN RITUAL turns out to be ditchwater, and three flat characters just stand there and wiggle eyebrows for a bit until Michael DOES BIG EMOSH BIG BIG EMOSH and once again everyone gets bleary eyed and hug each other.

I did pick up on the USS Yelchin immediately, though as this entirely soulless and devoid-of-any-gravitas series plods on, there's every chance that the writing will turn out to be far more fucking damaging than 'The Burn' - which let's face it, sounds too much like the consequence of eating a hot curry than anything else.

I do still like Suru though. His character, and the actor's physical work really makes him feel like a proper Trek character, and there's certainly barely any of those running around in this show.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Other than lower decks, the new star trek feels likes it's wrote by people who didn't watch star trek.

MODMAN

Anyone remember when Star Trek used to do ensemble shows?

USS Discovery ... powered by mushrooms and tears.

She got lost again. But now, she's found again. Fucking hell ... melodramatic bollocks. And is the mystery box really going to have any pay off worth the wait? Seems to be their only go to. First we had the Red Angel mystery ... Picard did the ... whatever the hell that was. More build up build up followed by a wholly unsatisfying resolution and fuck all character development in between.

It plays like the showrunners think they've got the most amazing series in history on their hands. They're just so damned satisfied with themselves.

Watching the polished turd that is Discovery before Mandalorian though really highlights Mandalorian's superior quality. Nice one, Trek. I thought you were at home on the small screen, yet Star Wars runs rings around you there as well. :D

MODMAN

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg