Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Doomcock chimes in...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
For someone who intended to travel to the future she did seem overly shocked at everything.

I like the overall premise of this season, though. Presumably everything will be reset at the end so it’ll be an interesting “what if?” for the history and the future of the Federation. It’s sad that I’m also thankful it’ll be reset so any ridiculous fuckups the writers make can be quietly forgotten too, but there we are.

I like the new Federation logo.

And the CGI was movie quality.

Mr Sensitive Love Interest is well acted (and a lot more subtle than Burnham).

whisky

Boobie inspector
He was also Manchester Black in Supergirl, where he played a powered up guy who struggles between being good and being bad, I know it might be hard to picture that.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And he died really anti-climactically in a hat or something.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Doomcock chimes in...

I used to watch a few of his videos but then I found out that he literally gets all his "rumors" from /tv/ on 4Chan where people post fake shit just so he makes videos about it and he's a laughing stock because of it. Then I found out he has another character that is just an actual full-blown fascist so I don't watch anything he puts out anymore.

6wxKVD1yjA9M_640x360.jpg

CaptainWacky

I can't even begin to imagine waching a video with such a shitty thumbnail image.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I used to watch a few of his videos but then I found out that he literally gets all his "rumors" from /tv/ on 4Chan where people post fake shit just so he makes videos about it and he's a laughing stock because of it. Then I found out he has another character that is just an actual full-blown fascist so I don't watch anything he puts out anymore.

View attachment 359

I did not know this.

I never gave a lot of credence to his alleged sources anyway, but that's fun to know. Maybe I can get him to dance a tune now and then.

The Question

Eternal

Figures. I suppose that's why he never shows his face and uses voice morphing software.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Second episode was ok, I'm guessing we will see than Negan wannabe again.

CaptainWacky

It was a bit better than the first and probably would have been a better season opener. But I guess they didn't want an opening episode with no (or very little) Michael.
I still can't remember/understand why they brought the Nazi with them and why she's a member of the crew and they don't just tell her to fuck off.
The guy was totally Space Negan as played by the poor man's Ian McShane.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Poor man’s Negan was my first thought too. My second thought was “hey, that’s the dad from Medium! He’s a good actor in a shit role!”

I found the episode kind of dull actually. There was a lot of repetition throughout, mostly concerning repairs, thingy’s backache and the various standoffs in the saloon. Tilly being extra annoying didn’t help either.

But it was nice to see them explore the planet a bit. I think this is about the 5th planet they’ve explored in the entire show. And it was Avatar world with a Wild West twist. Oh well.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope Lt Detmer will be okay!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think her implant needs to be in constant subspace contact with Starfleet, which is why medically she is ok, but she is still out of it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
As long as Control didn’t get into her implant to we’ll have that rumbling along for another season.

Knight Templar

So there's going to be Trills featured which, let's face it, means the newest host of the Dax symbiont will appear. A perfect opportunity, surely, to have Nicole de Boer appear in some kind of memory/flashback thing!

I never thought Nicole de Boer was very appealing.