Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

whisky

Boobie inspector
Also on a ship that's battered to hell, is it a good idea to have your entire crew on the open ended hanger, with just a force field to keep them all from being sucked out?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The sentient computer thing was in a Short Treks episode way back between season 1 and 2 (set on an abandoned Discovery in the far future.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I should watch those someday.

CaptainWacky

We never got season 2 of Short Treks in the UK because nobody could figure out if it should be on Netflix or Amazon.

CaptainWacky

I don't know as we never got it in the UK.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Were the first two seasons ones on Netflix in the uk? Maybe I saw them on YouTube... It’s very inconsistent here.

Discovery and After Trek on Netflix, Picard on Amazon, and Short Treks and Lower Decks no where to be seen.

CaptainWacky

Season one of Short Treks was on Netflix, hidden under the "trailers and other stuff" section of Discovery. It's season two that isn't anywhere. There's a couple of episodes with Pike's crew so I'd kind of like to watch then I suppose.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Short Treks is on CBS All Access here. I don't see it on fmovies, so I don't know where to steal it from :rwmad:

The Question

Eternal
Yeah Discovery really likes to ham up the BIG EMOTIONAL MOMENTS with the members of the crew except it really doesn't bother to actually try and characterise anyone other than Michael so it just turns into a bunch of people I don't really give a shit about hugging each other for 20 minutes.

Jesus. CW Trek.

SAUSAGEMAN

I really hate everything about emperor space hitler. The hologram stuff??? dumb. The i'm evil speech?? ? dumb.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Another dull plodding episode, I'm glad they are whittling the cast down, eventually there might get to the point where I know everyone's name.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
At this point it's clear that if we're starting to get character development for a secondary character it means they're leaving the show.

I really hate everything about emperor space hitler. The hologram stuff??? dumb. The i'm evil speech?? ? dumb.

She seems like one of those characters that is 100 time more fun to write than to watch.

CaptainWacky

Another episode where Culber tells Michael she has to be the one to talk to the guest star because only Michael is capable of telling him what he needs to hear...even though he's right there and could just do it himself (but he's not the main character!) Then Nhan has to cry and tell Michael how great she is before randomly leaving.

Why are the holograms in the 32nd (or whatever) century so much worse than the holograms from the 24th century? Why would blinking make them turn off? That's not a thing!

Then they suggest that Terrans are BIOLOGICALLY EVIL so I guess Smiley O'Brien was a secret rapist or something and we just never knew.

So this song Michael happens to hear twice is going to somehow solve The Burn isn't it.

The special effects are good.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The notes will be a map to where her mother was, and then to save the galaxy from the burn she will have to sacrifice her own mother, there will be much crying.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm going to start blinking at people to see if I can shut them off!

CaptainWacky

Man I hate to keep complaining but I remembered something else. Last week's big twist was that Earth has left the Federation. This week Disco finds Starfleet's secret base...and everyone there is human. I get that not all humans would live on Earth, but it seems like they could have had an all alien Starfleet and that would have been something cool and different?