Star Trek: Discovery Season 3

SAUSAGEMAN

Man I hate to keep complaining but I remembered something else. Last week's big twist was that Earth has left the Federation. This week Disco finds Starfleet's secret base...and everyone there is human. I get that not all humans would live on Earth, but it seems like they could have had an all alien Starfleet and that would have been something cool and different?

what if they're all holograms

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's odd that in the mirror universe where everyone is the opposite, every set of parents of the characters we know still end up together and have sex at the same time to produce children the same age.

It's like, doing evil stuff, doing evil stuff, hey, how you doing?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The mirror universe never made sense.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And another thing... why is the galaxy’s seed vault on a ship in the middle of no where, protected by only two adults?

The fan service in the station (Voyager, USS Nog, USS Constitution) was nice but a bit overkill. I’d rather they focussed on having things make sense.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Detached nacelles? Really?

Also if Book hadn't stopped the lift, Mr comedy lizard man would have beamed into the empty shaft.

Are the personal transporters set by the power of thought? All they seem to do is tap it and end up where they need to go.

Is space Hitler getting separation anxiety now she knows she can't go back to the mirror universe?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I think I almost fell asleep in this episode.

- The Head explosion / Penal Area trope is so fucking old and well trodden (Wedlock, The Running Man, et al)
- Space Hitler's 'emotional anxieties' are not interesting. The character is pure ham.
- The prison breakout lacked any feelings of threat. You know they were going to break them out the minute they went in. No suspense.
- At least we got a clapped out Reliant class starship in the salvage yard. May as well pay me some cheap fan service whilst you serve up more portions of this droll attempt at Trek.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't say that Michael running off against orders was out of character, since she's always doing that. It was still annoying. I honestly don't know if we're supposed to like her or not? I guess we are, since she cried AGAIN at the end. I did like when Tilly said "yeah, fuck Michael" to Saru.

Why is it the Discovery-A now when it's still the same ship? They've never changed the registration for a refit before. I know, it's nine hundred years in the future or whatever so they could have changed that rule...

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Every episode seems to end with two characters crying and posturing in a shared moment, but totally lacking in any emotional gravitas or continuing development of those characters. Saru is one of the best things on this show TBH.

CaptainWacky

Imagine if Sisko cried at the end of every episode and then they did 'The Visitor' and nobody cared when Sisko cried at the end. IMAgINE THAT.

CaptainWacky

But you'll never know what casued The Burn!

CaptainWacky

Did her mum not die last season? I really can't remember.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
She'll probably come back so they can cry, and then she'll die. Next to a cat. In a hat.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Next Episode Ending

MICHAEL: Space Hitler, are you OK Space Hitler, what's going on?

SPACE HITLER: All I want is to crush my enemies under my boots, kill everyone by eating their eyeballs and....and....

MICHAEL: JUST TELL ME SPACE HITLER!

SPACE HITLER: I was told that I am not likely to ever go back home and eat the eyeballs of the Jews again.

MICHAEL: Oh that's awful you must be distraught?

SPACE HITLER: ONLY NOW CAN I TRULY UNDERSTAND THE TRUE FEELINGS OF WHAT IT IS TO BETTER ONE'S SELF. TO UNDERSTAND WITH EMPATHY THE FEELINGS OF LOVE AND LOSS THAT YOU NORMAL FOLK HAVE. I NO LONGER WANT TO EAT THE EYEBALLS OF JEWS AND STAMP ON TINY BABY'S HEADS. THAT WAS THE OLD ME. THIS IS THE NEW ME. I THINK AT LAST I FEEL PART OF SOMETHING. I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO LOVE. TO FEEL. TO HAVE COMPANIONSHIP. YOU COULD SAY, THIS HAS BEEN A JOURNEY OF...... DISCOVERY!
(They both wink at the camera)

MICHAEL: *Cries*

SPACE HITLER: *Cries*

(They Hug)

END OF EPISODE. Everyone feels they now know that even the most corrupt of souls can be realigned with love. Go out and hug a peadophile today - AND THEY WILL BECOME NORMAL - all thanks to STAR TREK DISCOVERY!

(Credits play, to the background of same-sex couples fucking each other furiously just to make everyone feel that all parties are being equally covered in this episode)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I put it glibly and satirically, SAUSAGEMAN, but of course it is nice to have it portrayed casually as it should be.