Star Trek: Discovery season 4

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
At first glance Pluto TV seems horrible and slow to load.

I can't imagine I'll want to watch it "live" (with adverts!) so I'll only watch it if at least one other British person tells me to.

CaptainWacky

I won't watch it.

SAUSAGEMAN

So is this still terrible?
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported 92% approval with an average rating of 8.10/10 based on 13 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Michael Burnham finally comes into her own—and so does Discovery—in a confident fourth season that embraces the series' more heartfelt take on the Star Trek mythos."[50]

hbIf9lD.jpg

The Question

Eternal
So, it's still "The Diverse Space Jesus Show" instead of Star Trek.

The Question

Eternal
I thought the "Deep Space Nine doesn't stay true to Roddenberry's vision" nerds had died out
Deep Space Nine was the best Trek series, bar none. Probably why "The Diverse Space Jesus Show" ripped off so many elements from it.

I kid; the writers' room on "The Diverse Space Jesus Show" probably really do think they're breaking new ground with a POC lead who starts at the rank of Commander and only achieves the rank of Captain later while being a messianic figure (Sisko), the first LGBTQWTF couple on primetime television (Bashir & Garak), and the first trans character (Jadzia Dax.) To accuse them of cribbing from DS9 would be to give them credit for having even a passing familiarity with the franchise.

I'll give them this, though: The incessant waterworks -- and from a character who was allegedly raised by Vulcans, no less, which is balls out hilarious! -- that's wholly their own thing.

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
They've gone from ignoring broader Star Trek continuity... to ignoring their own continuity.

CaptainWacky

I'll probably never see seasons 4 or 5. SAD.

StarMan™

Good riddance. S1 was all good IMO up until Lorca's turn to moustache-twirling villain. The show has been a mess.

Maybe they could edit down S5 to 2-3 episodes, considering the plot for each season could easily be resolved in a standard two-parter. Maybe include the several hours of crying as extras on Blu-Ray.

Hey - even funnier: 6 months down the track, Paramount can't be arsed spending millions on SFX and pull a 'Batgirl', scrapping S5 altogether. :D

CaptainWacky

I still haven't watched season 4 (maybe I never will!) but here's the trailer for season 5.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WILL WATCH IT.

I really don't like it that all the characters know this is the final season. Just let them have the adventure without all the crying! It's not like they've been doing this show for seven seasons. THEY HAVE NOT EARNED AN ENTIRE SEASON OF WEEPY THIS IS MY FAMILY STUFF. :rwmad: Shit, even DS9 saved it all for the finale.

CaptainWacky

Wouldn't be Discovery without crying!

StarMan™

IGN - Sonequa Martin-Green on Becoming Captain Burnham: 'It's Hard to Talk About It Truthfully Without Crying' - Star Trek: Discovery

With my interest in Trek at an all-time low / barely existing, I'm not sure I can even bring myself to hate-watch the final season.

LOL, the trailer has a literal mystery box.

Although, based on previous seasons, if you are curious about what the convoluted plot is this time round, you need only watch episode 1 (setup, stakes etc.) and the penultimate episode (where they finally Reveal All). The recap at the beginning of the second-to-last episode will fill in all the major plot points they excruciatingly dragged out over the season.

Last edited: