Star Trek: Picard

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He put on a spacesuit in First Contact. Other than that...

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I saw a clip that revealed Data's appearance is a dream sequence, so I'm not sure why Brent Spiner was arguing with people on Twitter about it being okay for Data to age because of his aging subroutine or whatever (unless he was giving away that real Data shows up too, somehow.)

The Question

Eternal
Commie Trek SHREDDED.

The Question

Eternal
I don't know why that threw the clip up there twice. The code isn't in there twice.

whisky

Boobie inspector
400 years she had black hair, but in the last 30 its gone grey?

Mind you, did we ever actually see her hair, or was it always under hats?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The video with Whoopi was really sweet.

The Question

Eternal
She's gonna have to untangle that dreadmop off her head first. I mean, unless there's an El Aurian version of "Grammuh Crack Ho" that we never heard of.

CaptainWacky

It was good. Lots of exposition in the first half, and I'm still not entirely clear what happened with Starfleet and Romulus (they cancelled the evacuation of Romulus...because robots attacked Mars? How are the two things related?) but hopefully that will all become more clear as it goes on. Just seeing Patrick Stewart playing Picard again (but an old Picard who doesn't like stairs!) was honestly enough for me to like it. I don't know if anyone's ever said this before but that guy's a good actor.

The girl playing the robot twins actually reminds me of Lal a bit so that's good casting.

It's a shame the trailers gave so much away and we're going to be spending all season wondering "when is Riker going to show up? Where's Seven? Where's HUGH BORG?"

SAUSAGEMAN

It sounded like the rescue flotilla was based out of Utopia Planitia (maybe they were building rescue ships v quickly) and the robots destroyed the fleet and shipyards, to me.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I am very relieved. I enjoyed it a lot. No doubt about it being a bit exposition-heavy and a bit heavy-handed in parts but it's a minor quibble overall.

I was definitely getting Lal vibes from Dhaj as well!

It's just a trip to actually have real post-Nemesis Trek after all this time, and I think they nailed the feel of it. Patrick was predictably great and the mystery set-up is compelling and I want to see where they take it for sure, although I also agree that they did give a lot away in the trailers when it comes to people coming back. I guess they had to show a bunch of the returning cast for hype and all that.

Bruce Maddox. I wonder if they will get the actor back at some point or if it's just a neat continuity nod.

So the Borg cube being controlled by a Romulan faction of some sort and the twin is on board. They were really pushing how special and unique Data was (something that the Borg Queen realises in First Contact as well) and so I wonder if they need a positronic brain of that complexity for some reason to do with harnessing/upgrading Borg technology and that's why she was targeted.

Also, it felt NOTHING like Discovery!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Full Ready Room show with Wil Wheaton after the jump:

Fun fact: Wil is now the same age as Patrick Stewart was when he started on Next Gen.

CaptainWacky

I wasn't going to wait another day when North Americans, Australians and fecking Greeks watched it today. I guess Amazon UK's contract says they can't show it until tomorrow.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah it was pretty good.

Feels weird that they kept going on about how amazing and unique Data was when Lore still exists.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty likely Lore is going to show up or at the very least be referenced at some point. Hugh is in the show as well. The last time we saw both of them was Descent.