Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker???????

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
3PO possessed by Palpatine confirmed.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Hmm. I remember when the prequels came out. I'd given up hope of them and then they were coming. So excited. Then I saw the first one and I was like "God damn it. These are going to be terrible. But I've got to watch 2 more of them and then I can walk away." Then I heard Disney was making the last 3 and I thought I'd give "Return of the Return of the Jedi" a try and didn't hate it so I resolved to watch the other 2. Then they announced "Rogue 1" and I was like "Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. 9 films. That was what I bought in for in 1978 or so." But "Rogue 1" turned out to be great and, as a prequel, I was able to delete "The Phantom JarJar" from my mind. "Solo" did not get good press, but it worked for me. So now "Attack of the Clowns" is also gone. All I need is one more decent prequel and the last 2 movies.

Only they gave us "The Littlest Jedi," which *almost* makes "The Phantom JarJar" look like a good film. And this looks like a hot mess. So now I gotta decide if I want to pony up for this. Actually, now. I've got to go see this at the second-run moviehouse. But I've got to decide if I want to see the 3rd prequel--if it gets made--and supplant "The Revenge of the Shit." If I do and it does, you can bet the fuckers at Mike the Giant Rat Studios will foist 3 "postquels" on me to see if they can sucker me for another decade or so to wash away the taste of "The Littlest Jedi."

[OMG. There actually *is* a "The Littlest Jedi." And it looks light years better than "The Last Jedi."]

CaptainWacky

You don't actually have to watch something you already know you won't enjoy.

CaptainWacky

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Hmm. I remember when the prequels came out. I'd given up hope of them and then they were coming. So excited. Then I saw the first one and I was like "God damn it. These are going to be terrible. But I've got to watch 2 more of them and then I can walk away." Then I heard Disney was making the last 3 and I thought I'd give "Return of the Return of the Jedi" a try and didn't hate it so I resolved to watch the other 2. Then they announced "Rogue 1" and I was like "Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. 9 films. That was what I bought in for in 1978 or so." But "Rogue 1" turned out to be great and, as a prequel, I was able to delete "The Phantom JarJar" from my mind. "Solo" did not get good press, but it worked for me. So now "Attack of the Clowns" is also gone. All I need is one more decent prequel and the last 2 movies.

Only they gave us "The Littlest Jedi," which *almost* makes "The Phantom JarJar" look like a good film. And this looks like a hot mess. So now I gotta decide if I want to pony up for this. Actually, now. I've got to go see this at the second-run moviehouse. But I've got to decide if I want to see the 3rd prequel--if it gets made--and supplant "The Revenge of the Shit." If I do and it does, you can bet the fuckers at Mike the Giant Rat Studios will foist 3 "postquels" on me to see if they can sucker me for another decade or so to wash away the taste of "The Littlest Jedi."

[OMG. There actually *is* a "The Littlest Jedi." And it looks light years better than "The Last Jedi."]

What the fuck are you even talking about

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Your mother.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'll say it again: The HISHE version of "The Last Jedi" is better than the movie:

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Rey's "people keep telling me they know me...but no one does" line felt a bit unfortunate to me.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
All it needs is chained up gimp FrankenVader yelling "NOOOOOOOOO!" to trigger "Revenge of the Shit" PTSD. So disappointing. But I've got to go see it. Because 9 movies. George Lucas promised it in 1983. Cocksucker. I'll kick his teeth in if I ever get the chance. :)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It looks pretty but nuWars is already ruined and I don't see any feasible way the last film somehow salvages it. TFA was fun but forgettable once the nostalgia wore off and didn't realise it was meant to be a continuation of the saga and not a soft reboot retelling. TLJ was a complete mess that was badly executed by Rhian Johnson who thought "sUbvErT eXpEcTaTiOnS" was a lot more clever than it was and now we are left with the final instalment that has to somehow make the whole thing make sense in some compelling way even though all the characters left are completely uncompelling.

I will watch it and I might even enjoy it (I hope so) from a spectacle point of view but these films will NEVER stand the test of time.

For how maligned the Prequels are, look how much Expanded Universe inspired work came from them. They were actually innovative films for all their flaws. People still talk about them today. NuWars has none of that and nobody will care about any of them once it's over.

CaptainWacky

WHAT IF GREEDO'S GRANDSON IS IN IT THOUGH.

CaptainWacky

I can't be bothered reading it but does this turn out to be true?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Sounds bs to me. Like someone's fan fic with bits crossed out where it was contradicted by the latest trailer.

CaptainWacky

This is really pretty spoilery so don't watch it I guess.

So they're going to excuse Ben's evil by saying "oh Palpatine was influencing him to be evil all along he's nice really!"

Space battles look pretty at least!