Stranger Things (Netflix)

Mirah

I love you
I accidently started watching the first season again and just didn't stop, so now I am in season 2 and trying to skp past the parts I remember and just watch the important parts, but I can't tell what those are.
Funny wierd how everyone is chasing after this monster and other things BUT ALL ON THEIR OWN!

WHAT IF ALL OF US AT THE MF WERE GOING AFTER THE SAME MONSTERS AT THE SAME TIME BUT IN DIFFERENT WAYS BUT IT COULD GO BETTER IF WE JUST STUCK TOGETHER?! (And didn't keep any strange pets)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What if his girlfriend actually is Susie pretending to be real (like she did to me when we dated for three years.)

Mirah

I love you
What if his girlfriend actually is Susie pretending to be real (like she did to me when we dated for three years.)

I have not seen the return of Susie yet, but I have a feeling she will return in this episode.

Also-El's sister never returns? Was she in like 1 or 2 episodes? That is wierd.

CaptainWacky

Yeah they never mentioned that stuff with the X-Men rejects again, possibly because it was so poorly received.

Mirah

I love you
So I finally watched the final episode and it was OK.
I had some questions, but it was so long ago (yesterday) and now I cannot recall what any of them were.
OH OH! Now I remember-
It was a question about the people-that seemed like they were turned in to zombies or robots-and the lifeguard girl-who was in the bath full of ice. I assumed that those people were all replicas of their true selves, therefore Billy wouldl not have really died, but when the monster died he would have turned in to goo-and his true body would be found on ice somewhere.
I also thought all of those people were going to raid the town at some point. But that did not happen.
It was all just left hanging for me.
And now I will go and read the other posts.

Mirah

I love you
Oh and I forgot to mention my favorite characters.
In order of favorites-why that guy is on top-you got me-but he gave me humor towards the end
Murry Bauman
Dustin
Hopper
Erica
Eleven
Bob played by Sean Astin gets a special mention as does Joyce played by Winona
I loved the cast of kids and I think they all did so great
and then everyone else

Mirah

I love you
Hawke was a great addition to the cast andt he scene where she came out to Steve (who is also great!) was among the best of the season. Up there with The Never-Ending Story bit anyway.

Shoot I must have missed that part. I will admit now to fast forwarding parts where only 2 people were in the scene and it looked like they were having meaningful conversations. I did this to get to the gruesome actions scenes quicker. Now I must go back and listen to these conversations.

I like your comment about the show being more like what the 80's movies were, but not neccesarily the actual 80's. It is indeed very nostalgic and I enjoyed it very much.

CaptainWacky

Meaningful conversations are important!

All the people who melted together to form the monster really died including Billy. There was a newspaper headline about "30 dead..." near the end.

Who was "The American" behind the door in the end? THAT is the question. I think they might have gotten Murray - he can't help but to snoop around and I'd believe he could get himself caught. I think Hopper's in the Upside Down, so I doubt it's him even though the called him "The American" a few times. Maybe they got Dr Owens. Or the other idea I heard floated was the guy that Eleven called Papa, and he was maybe feeding them info about their research which is how they learned about how to open the portal to begin with.

CaptainWacky

I hope season four is just Steve and Robin working at the video shop and solving mysteries and none of the other characters appear.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I think they still used MySpace in the eighties.

CaptainWacky

FOR THE MAYA HAWKE FANS

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why am I only now hearing about the never ending story bit?

Maybe I should have watched more than 15 minutes of the first one.

CaptainWacky

I haven't heard of lots of things that happened in shows I don't watch, so it's not that unusual.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Let's just resolve the cliffhnager in a teaser probably a year before season four even comes out!