Switching Over

Mirah

I love you
I will be switching over from a Chromebook (That has been dropped too many times and intermittently lacks the "I" and "k" and comma keys to this HP Stream. #Firstworldproblems. I find the HP products to be extremely slow in response and it annoys me.
I unfortunately also purchased an HP laptop, but I had an IT person take off any restrictions which it did not need to make it run faster. I am going to attempt to do the same thing with this.

Anyone have HP products that they love?

Anyone have experience in removing programs that are not needed in order to make a device run faster?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My work sent me an HP 800 G4 Mini. I'm impressed with the performance from this tiny little box.

I've been a Dell buyer for years but they don't have an equivalent product to this. Their smallest minitower is 3-4x as big.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I will be switching over from a Chromebook (That has been dropped too many times and intermittently lacks the "I" and "k" and comma keys to this HP Stream. #Firstworldproblems. I find the HP products to be extremely slow in response and it annoys me.
I unfortunately also purchased an HP laptop, but I had an IT person take off any restrictions which it did not need to make it run faster. I am going to attempt to do the same thing with this.

Anyone have HP products that they love?

Anyone have experience in removing programs that are not needed in order to make a device run faster?
I was a Dell buyer too. But the family's HP laptop ran pretty fast so now that my Dell isn't working I'm going to get an HP laptop next.

Mirah

I love you
Well I updated the operating system and it seems to be working okay with only minimal notice of slowness. I don't think anything will be as fast as the chromebook. Guess I should learn not to drop my devices.
Funny how TK was the first place I loaded on to my faves. Since tihs isn't google based I wasn't able to transfer my PW's yet, but some of them are syncing. I mean now I have to load ALL of my duals! LOL
(or not)

The Question

Eternal
The last machine I owned prior to switching to a Mac was an HP. It was a Pavilion something-or-other tower, budget unit that got upgraded to more RAM, a better GPU, and a stronger PSU over the years. Was decent for the gaming of the day (circa 2008-2009.) Then a Mac Mini followed. Then the Mac Mini died (I was still a smoker at the time, and apparently the little fucker sucked in tar until said tar gummed up the logic board). A borrowed HP laptop followed until it, too, was eventually replaced by a 2011 Mac Mini. Which was eventually replaced by a refurb 2013 iMac. Which was then replaced by a 2018 iMac, which had to be traded in for a 2019 MacBook Air. Which was assassinated by a bottle of cream soda going off like a grenade.

And now I'm back to a 2008-era HP. All-in-one this time, though, so no discreet GPU. Fuck.

Mirah

I love you
I wanted to sign in with Love Cunt this weekend so I could bitch a bunch of people and things out, but I didn't. Instead I said one snarky thing with Mirah. I could be signing in with Love Child so I could say some lovely things to people, but I didn't do that either. I am pretty sure I know all of the pw's I just didn't have the energy. I think that is what saves me. I cannot merge myself with myself.
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding I don't need help
I'm fine
What are you looking at?

I'm going to go back to watching Taxi now.

Mirah

I love you
Do you think I should mention these things when I talk to my therapist?
She isn't really a therapist, more like a motivational coach, adviser person. I mean I pay her for something, I don't know what. I could get that for free here.

Mirah

I love you
She's like, "What do you need? What do you want?" I'm like "what do I want? I want a big cock and some pussy"
No one ever says that do they?
I don't.
I just say shit like nvm I can't do it! LOL. Just imagine whatever I say is in a Sarah Silverman voice.

I Love Cunt

Watch It
You should see what my pw is. Edgy! Risky! Something you don't know anything about Mirah. You are always playing it safe.

Mirah

I love you
The life coach said maybe I needed some professional help she couldn't offer.

She could be right!

The Question

Eternal
Maybe what you need is an automobile accident -- not that I'm wishing you harm, because I'm wishing you the exact opposite. But you know how people who survive major events by the skin of their teeth all have that "It totally changed my entire outlook on life!" trope happen to them?

Maybe that's what you need. A hard 90-degree-turn paradigm shift. A therapist can't give you that.

(By the way, do NOT go out and deliberately crash your car. I take no responsibility if you do that.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Why even make a post like that? It's like you can't not be an asshole even when you try hard.

The Question

Eternal
1. Not posting it wouldn't have been any nicer.

2. Medicine often tastes bad.

Mirah

I love you
I did hit a deer 2 winters ago. It didn't give me a paradigm shift, it made me more paranoid to be driving.

This place I live in experiences fire season and is packed with enough stress of "Life and death" situations that I don't think it phases me anymore.

But something did give me a paradigm shift last week. And I am doing much better.

The person whose suicide I mourned through the winter had a birthday this week. I was sad, but didn't get into the dark place I usually do. I felt the darkness for a couple of hours this week, but it was nothing to worry about in my book.

P.S.
Sometimes a car accident gets a person a new car. But I would never suggest it is something they need.
The pain and medical bills and insurance headache are not worth it.

Mirah

I love you
I did hit a deer 2 winters ago. It didn't give me a paradigm shift, it made me more paranoid to be driving.

This place I live in experiences fire season and is packed with enough stress of "Life and death" situations that I don't think it phases me anymore.

But something did give me a paradigm shift last week. And I am doing much better.

The person whose suicide I mourned through the winter had a birthday this week. I was sad, but didn't get into the dark place I usually do. I felt the darkness for a couple of hours this week, but it was nothing to worry about in my book.

P.S.
Sometimes a car accident gets a person a new car. But I would never suggest it is something they need.
The pain and medical bills and insurance headache are not worth it.

Mirah

I love you
My life coach suggested setting some goals, making plans, aspirations. She even suggested creating a vision board. So I pasted a whole bunch pictures of birds on a poster board. She asked what it was and I said, "I want to be a bird. I aspire to be a bird. That is my goal."

Sounded legit to me.

I guess I could settle for having a farm or living in the wilderness. We can't all have what we want.

Mirah

I love you
I do not wish to be surgically modified. I am sure if I pray hard enough God will turn me into a bird.

Just kidding about that last part.

I have decided I will add some chicks to my vision board though. Maybe I will just put one big orgy in the center and move out from there. I think my life coach will like that.