Talk About "Agony of Defeat"

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I like how these football games get cancelled when someone tests positive.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Well, I think most posters here have Charles and his duals blocked, so they are vaguely aware that his forum still exists, but never go there.

The only person I see making a big deal about it is... well, you.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
the agony of defeat

images

the thrill of victory

images

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Like a lot that happens in the upper realms of TK, I just don’t get it.

When it first opened up I tried to engage but got nothing in return. In fact I haven’t noticed any actual discussion there, just CONSTANT spam posting.

And again, I don’t get it. How much time has gone into finding and posting stuff that no one reads? And for what?

jack

Don't ask me. I just do my thing. I could care less about some of it. If you want a discussion start an interesting one. I'm usually good for some input. The thing that stops it is the constant sniping from some and the bullshit endless spam from others. I'm not saying I'm innocent to either, but I'm not complicit in a way that has driven most from the board, never to return.

This used to be a pretty vibrant board back in the day. Most of that group (me included) still interact on fb. I'd say there's about 40 old posters in that group. I'm a holdover still posting here, and am constantly reminded why I should stop posting here.

Yet I persist.

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
if y'all desire 'the agony of defeat' to be a discussion forum, then discuss something, instead of listening to 'vappopper' and his followers.

as far as i'm concerned, 'the agony of deafeat' is a sports information forum. the day to day topics on what's going down with sports.

Just like 'the minfield' has its certain topics. I'm currently banned from 'the minefields'. do you here me bitching and moaning like a true bitch about that?

i can't even post at the 'Questions, Suggestions, and so on...' forum without my threads being moved to 'speak freely' or 'the badlands'

images

I think blackfoot NAP was probably banned many years ago. But he keeps within the rules, so it drives Jack and a few others crazy that he's allowed here, and was even able to get The Agony of Defeat forum created so he can talk sports with himself.

images

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
The Agony of Defeat
images
images

Threads: 350

images

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Yeah I guess three more games got canceled this weekend.

Too bad, I used to like football, pre-Covid.

nope! they were moved to a later date. all football will be played despite covid-19 in 2020.

:rimshot:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Total Online 55 (members: 7, guests: 48)

^see what i done there^

48 guest or online here. 45 out of 48 guest clicked on the 'agony of defeat'. 4 out 7 members clicked on the 'agony of defeat' that's why its so many views for my the 'the agony of defeat.

the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory
tee-hee*

jack

Yeah I guess three more games got canceled this weekend.

Too bad, I used to like football, pre-Covid.

Doesn't look good for this season, especially with the 2nd and 3rd waves of Covid already establishing themselves.

The National Football League is dealing with its first coronavirus outbreak. The league has postponed Sunday’s game between the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers after multiple Titans players tested positive for Covid-19.

It’s possible that the NFL will contain the virus from spreading and affecting more games. But what if it doesn’t? What happens if more games are canceled or the season is suspended?

A lot of money is at stake for the league and its partners. TV networks including ESPN, Fox, NBC and CBS collectively pay the NFL nearly $6 billion annually for the rights to televise games. There also are implications for consumers, because the cost of sports telecasts factors into monthly cable bills.

A look at the key questions:

Is it possible the NFL may have to shorten the season?

At this stage, the outbreak is limited. The league is trying to reschedule the Titans game within a few days. However, if down the road the league does have to make the difficult decision to cancel entire weeks of play, it has some plans in place. Its schedule already has flexibility to ensure that critical divisional and conference games get played. It’s also possible to extend the season a bit longer than usual. A Super Bowl in April is better than no Super Bowl.

The NFL and the Coronavirus

If the season is shortened, what happens to the fees the TV networks pay for games?

A former NFL official said if more than two weeks worth of games were canceled, the NFL might technically incur a penalty and owe refunds to media partners. But that scenario is unlikely; sports-rights experts say the league and TV partners probably would figure out an economic solution in negotiations over the next round of deals.

ESPN’s Monday Night Football deal expires after next season while Fox’s Sunday afternoon and Thursday packages, CBS’s Sunday slate and NBC’s Sunday night deal are all up in 2022. The league is looking to lock in long-term contracts sooner rather than later, and deals could be wrapped up during or after this season, said Patrick Crakes, a former Fox Sports executive. “If there is money lost anywhere, the negotiations are a place to figure that out,” he said.

What if the season is canceled?

Good question. Looking more and more like a possibility every day.