The 100

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I FORGOT to post yesterday that I watched the second episode...maybe because I couldn't remember anything that happened in it. I think I'm giving up on this, Cassie.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
lol, yeah it's pretty terrible. I am way more interested in the monkey people than the hot people from space.

CaptainWacky

The mother trying to get to Earth is kind of interesting...maybe.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, I like her!

I was starting to like Octavia, I mean I know the character is written terribly... but the actress is doing alright with what she's been given. OR SOMETHING FUCK. I don't know why the CW thinks teenagers are either sluts or geniuses with not much in between. I like her better than her brother, the shirtless douchebag.

CaptainWacky

How come Julian from Continuum looks even uglier on this?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I DON'T KNOW! That's another thing I hate about teen tv. Why can't the bad guys have any redeeming qualities? Don't they know that loving to hate the bad guy is fun? Look at fucking Hannibal! He is the most evil bastard ever but he's so delicious.

whisky

Boobie inspector
A man got on the bus the other day who look like a young Hanz Gruber.

I know that is pretty fucking tenuous, but there you go.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
KATE VERNON IS ON THE SHOW NOW!!! AND she's evil, imo!

So, Desmond has had a change of heart and is feeling guilty about all the people he spaced. Not sure if he's going to have a total redemption, but I prefer less evil Desmond.

Still don't know what those weirdly shaped skulls were. It seems the grounders are perfectly human looking. One of them is in love with Octavia.

This show has improved quite a bit from the pilot (which isn't saying a whole lot). I am still watching it obviously. I'm not hate watching it though. It's enjoyable enough. I think it's the post apocalyptic thing that I like.

CaptainWacky

I can't remember who Kate Vernon is. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ELLEN TIGH, omg.

SAUSAGEMAN

The roomy and I tried watching the pilot last night. We couldn't really get over how bad it was and turned it off after, oh, 15 minutes?

CaptainWacky

I bet Reign's better.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't recommend watching it, but it does get quite a bit better after the pilot.

CaptainWacky

THE TOMORROW PEOPLE GOT CANCELLED, CASSIE! :rwmad:

(I never watched it.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, The Tomorrow People fans are crying. I really tried to watch The Tomorrow People but it was terrible and I gave up.

THEY SHOULD BRING BACK ALPHAS :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

There isn't even an Alphas comic book.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I barely managed to get through the first episode of The Tomorrow People, so I'm not surprised it got cancelled. I think I was mostly put off by how good looking everyone was (the main guy had one of those faces where it's so good it starts going right through back to weird and ugly, like Taylor Lautner). I don't mind a bit of eye candy, but I can't suspend my disbelief and get into the story if these everyday people just happen to be universally perfect. It's like The Third Reich: The Series.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Love Reign. Just don't pay attention to historically inaccurate facts.

CaptainWacky

If they're inaccurate how can they be "facts"?

Mirah

I love you
For some reason The 100 has come up on my Netflix feed and I watch the teaser every time, and now I am re-watching, just for the good parts!
Anyway the Acid Fog:
It kills people.....
What about the animals?
What about the plant life?
The water?
The ground?
Really-none of that lingered into the ground, the leaves the moss or just left a dead wake of animals? (I mean I get that the animals fled for the most part-but all of them?)

Mirah

I love you
I forgot to link this, but it doesn't answer my questions.

https://the100.fandom.com/wiki/Acid_Fog

The Veil system was created by the Mountain Men. Located within the Mountain, its chemical containment and dispersal units allowed them to create a billowing mass of the lethal fog like vapors shrouding large areas of the outside, which could be used as a defensive weapon against outside threats.

The acid fog can be avoided by sheltering in caves higher than their entrance, by getting within an enclosed space, or more surely, by fleeing the area.

Observed occurrences:

• Fog-like occurrence - Acts much like regular fog does in areas.
  • Radiation Storm - Occurs like a tornado/rainstorm and sweeps areas very quickly.
EFFECTS:

Mild exposure results in blistering skin and causes coughing. Exposure lasting more than a minute or two, however, causes extreme pain, blindness, paralysis, and eventually death.

According to Raven Reyes's notes, the Acid Fog is assumed to be part nerve gas part sulfur mustard vesicant (military chemical warfare agents). Exposure to these chemicals can cause paralysis, skin blisters and burns, and respiratory effects.

Symptoms may include loss of consciousness, convulsions, cessation of respiration, Flaccid, Paralysis copious nasal and oral secretions. Intense bronchoconstriction. Decontaminate within 2min to prevent tissue damage.