The Book of Boba Fett

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The second episode definitely hit harder than the first. I'm liking it. I don't need every episode of this to be mind-blowing or anything. Give me some great art direction, cool old and new characters, and some fun action and I'm happy. I'll be expecting more from something like Kenobi but that's enough for this show. There is a LOT of Star Wars coming up in the near future so it will be interesting to see if they can keep a quality level close to what Mandalorian achieved and enough variance to avoid fatigue.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I guess Kenobi actually leaves Tatoonie in his show, because it would be a bit much to have two shows set entirely on Tatoonie in the same year. It's a big universe!

CaptainWacky

Black Krrsantan fucking everyone up was good.
The scooter chase looked weird? They seemed to be going really slow.

The Pikes arriving at the end didn't seem that dramatic. Maybe they're working for QI'RA/Watto/Sy Snootles.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Yes slowest chase ever, maybe they were supposed to make it look faster in post?

The wookie getting that close to Fett in his own palace makes me wonder if someone inside didn't let him in.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was hoping Krrsantan would join Boba Fett after he set him free.

AND I think the Rancor is gonna try to eat Boba Fett.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think he will join him, probably in the last episode, and they'll do a Dillon and Dutch handshake.

CaptainWacky

I thought episode 3 was kind of boring. I don't like his punk rock biker gang. The chase was on point though, it even featured two people carrying a giant painting (normally a sheet of glass) and of course ended with a pile of fruit falling onto the guy's head, classic. This of course has been done in several movies a bunch of times and has been parodied before as well. I think it's in Wayne's World 2 where they point out this trope. I have a feeling the Wookie will be joining Boba.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Calling the moped riders mods is very on the nose.

Revenge is a dish best served with a firesprite vessel.

CaptainWacky

Well they are modified.

I thought it was definitely better than last week's (which felt a bit off): Fennec finally got some character stuff and killed some people and we saw her metal stomach, kitchen droids (with a General Grievous reference!), Black Krrsantan continues to be cool, "hit it, Max" and other fun stuff.

Questions..

1) Why would Boba think his armoud was in the Sarlacc? He was wearing it when he escaped! Pretty sure he was still conscious when the Jawas robbed him too.
2) What did he mean by saying Bib Fortuna "double-crossed" him?

whisky

Boobie inspector
1 he was barely conscious when the Jawas took it, and they hit him in the head, so he might have lost his memories of that.

2 everyone who works for Jabba knows the sarlac keeps you alive, and yet noone even tried to rescue him.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad they didn't wait too long for Boba and Krrsantan to meet up again.

CaptainWacky

1 he was barely conscious when the Jawas took it, and they hit him in the head, so he might have lost his memories of that.

2 everyone who works for Jabba knows the sarlac keeps you alive, and yet noone even tried to rescue him.

He remembers it when he's in the bacta tank (assuming what we see in those flashbacks are literally his memories.)

I can't imagine he's seriously think Bib would fish him out of the Sarlacc, unless they were best friends..or something MORE than friends...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh my... BIG BROTHER CROSSOVER ALERT OMG

whisky

Boobie inspector
I hope noone was wanting to see Boba Fett in this week's Boba Fett.

CaptainWacky

I guess that's why it's a seven episode season instead of six.

The ringworld habitat looked so cool. Really the whole episode felt bigger budget and more cinematic than much of this season? I guess it's down to direction too so good job Bryce Dallas Howard.

"WIZARD." I continue to appreciate all the prequel references Favreau puts in.

I hope he got a little suit of armour forged for Grogu.

Naboo starfighters are very cool but how is going to fit any bounty he picks up in there?