The Expanse season 4

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's the book I remember the least about. I was a bit concerned for how this season would turn out. Obviously they added plots for characters who are barely in the book, which helps, but I guess in the first half of the season I did get slight vibes of how the book was as they spent a lot of time establishing the situation and all the new characters on the new planet. MAYBE too much time, but it all paid off later in the season and all the new characters were well acted and fit in well with the established characters. So it worked out. It still does feel a lot like a set-up season, especially with how it ended. But that's fine! We're guaranteed to get season five so it's not like we have to worry about never seeing all the stuff they were teasing.

Now someone else finish the season so I can talk about it properly.

Last edited:

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It's the back I remember the least about. I was a bit concerned for how this season would turn out. Obviously they added plots for characters who are barely in the book, which helps, but I guess in the first half of the season I did get slight vibes of how the book was as they spent a lot of time establishing the situation and all the new characters on the new planet. MAYBE too much time, but it all paid off later in the season and all the new characters were well acted and fit in well with the established characters. So it worked out. It still does feel a lot like a set-up season, especially with how it ended. But that's fine! We're guaranteed to get season five so it's not like we have to worry about never seeing all the stuff they were teasing.

It's the back I remember the least about. I was a bit concerned for how this season would turn out. Obviously they added plots for characters who are barely in the book, which helps, but I guess in the first half of the season I did get slight vibes of how the book was as they spent a lot of time establishing the situation and all the new characters on the new planet. MAYBE too much time, but it all paid off later in the season and all the new characters were well acted and fit in well with the established characters. So it worked out. It still does feel a lot like a set-up season, especially with how it ended. But that's fine! We're guaranteed to get season five so it's not like we have to worry about never seeing all the stuff they were teasing.

I'm on episode 8. Almost there.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished ep 5. I WATCHED 2 OF THEM, wACKY.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
6 and 7 WATCHED.

I hope Miller comes back and rescues all of them from the killer green slugs.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished 8 and I was going to watch 9 but a fuckdamn storm is coming so I'll have to wait.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MILLER?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I just finished 8 and I was going to watch 9 but a fuckdamn storm is coming so I'll have to wait.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MILLER?
I also just finished 8. I think Miller is trying to warn Holden about Murtry and his light shuttle withe proximity bomb. Maybe Murtry is gonna blow up Ilus?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Miller seems broken! HE IS GLITCHING. Maybe the machines on the planet are messing with his program.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I finished Wacky!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I posted a spoiler in that post and used the tags but it's not there. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

The spoiler was about Miller. I will ask in chat tomorrow night.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That's what I was wondering about. There were two Millers!

CaptainWacky

The one with the hat was the investigator that the protomolecule was constantly resurrecting to investigate stuff, the one without the hat was the "real" Miller trying to break free and kill himself to end the pain

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, see I was wondering which one was sort of the "evil" one. The real Miller said not to touch the eye thingy or they would lose their chance, but when Miss Jenny accidentally bumped into it it killed all the machinery. I was a bit confused about all that.

CaptainWacky

If you want to watch four minutes of people forgetting their line and saying "fuck!"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I’ll probably give that a miss. I like to keep up the suspension of disbelief for one thing.

I thought this was a good season, but I was comparing it with a book I didn’t like. Thankfully they concentrated on the best existing characters and didn’t delve too deeply into the new ones we’ll never see again. We just got enough to understand their motivations without any extra guff (iirc the scientist on Ilus had a crush on Holden in the book).

Gorm Whatshisname must get tired of playing the same dickhead in every show. He is good at it though.

Avarasala’s recast husband is a decent actor but they don’t have much chemistry. Preferred Bashir’s dad.

I liked what they showed of Mars. Would’ve been nice to see more. The sets for the protomolecule structure were really pretty too.

Vvvvery curious to see how the next season will turn out!

CaptainWacky

Yeah everyone HATED Evie's crush on Holden when they read the book so they were wise to completely dump that.

Burn Gorman really does just have one of those faces.