The Expanse season 5

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

December 16th. They're doing one episode a week this time (it was all at once last season) but maybe that's what we need these days.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad they're doing one episode a week, they need to stretch our TV shows out.

CaptainWacky

WITHOUT GOING INTO SPOILERS but I think BOOK READERS probably know why they're doing one episode a week. They don't one someone binge watching and tweeting about The Big Moments while everyone else is still on episode 3 or whatever.

CaptainWacky

^It's actually three episodes on December 16th then one a week after that.

Also it got renewed for a six season but people are saying it's the final season (not confirmed yet)!?

CaptainWacky

Yep, which means they aren't adapting the last three books, unless they do them as a mini series or something in a few years. Cas Anvar gone too. I think they should just say Alex has gone back to Mars rather than recasting for just one season.

CaptainWacky

REMEMBER three episodes TOMORROW and then one every Wednesday for the rest of the season.

MODMAN

Thank you, Wacky. I'm holidaying here for a bit and not exposed to my usual feeds -- I would likely have missed this.

I am "acquiring" now. Nice to have a smartly written, well crafted sci-fi series back on the airwaves alongside Mandalorian.

CaptainWacky

You can see why they did three episodes for the first week, as they'e mostly set up for the rest of the season and it's good to get all that done in one week and get to the big ending (poor Fisherman with his cool glasses!) The Amos stuff did work as a standalone story though so that was good! The moon looked cool. Drummer is the bisexual pirate of all our hearts. I enjoyed these opening episodes of the season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I only watched the 1st one. GOOD SO FAR. Glad to see Bobbie again, and Amos. They are my favorites.

CaptainWacky

WATCH THEM NOW, CASSIE.

The season was filmed before Cas Anvar's sleaziness was exposed. He won't be in season six.

CaptainWacky

It was cool they got an actor with a disability to play Erich rather than like CGI a guy's arm or something.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished the second one. Kid Amos was a good choice. I was worried about Anna Hopkins!

CaptainWacky

WATCH THE tHIRd ARGH.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OK WACKY, I WATCHED THE THIRD.

Shit, one of the asteroids got through.

CaptainWacky

Episode four was great, one of the best episodes of the whole show. They're really putting the Amazon money to good use.

And there was a robot!

Fred didn't die like that in the book.