The Expanse season 5

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I liked how the first three episodes were a lot of careful setting up plot ideas and then the first 20 minutes of this episode is just executing all of those plot ideas ALL AT THE SAME TIME and it's really good.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THE ROBOT AND MARCOS INAROS ARE CREEPY CREEPS.

That was really good, maybe Peaches will escape with Amos.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think I wasn't convinced by Marco last season (not that he was in it much) but he was very good making the speech here, and the bit where he managed to spin only three of his nine rocks hitting Earth into being his plan all along.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched the first three and I’m saving episode 4 for when I have the house to myself, phone to airplane mode, lights off and sit back. I’ve been looking forward to seeing how they tackle this since reading the book.

As well as all the character and plot stuff so far I’ve really enjoyed how distinct they’ve made earth, Mars and the moon. The Mars scenes feel like they’re in the same universe as KSR Mars trilogy.

Apparently after season 6 there’d be a lot of stuff they’d have trouble translating to screen. Not sure what as I haven’t read the most recent books, but really it’s just nice to see a show end while it’s still ahead.

CaptainWacky

They could do TV MOVIES

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They’re calling it a “pause”, not a cancellation.

Episode 4 was awesome! The bit when Avarasala got in the warning about the satellites just as Earth Force One (or whatevs) got knocked out was so well done.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I was pretty freaked out at the idea of being in a plane that's then hit by a tsunami. Lucky I'll probably never fly again!

EDIT: Actually it was a shockwave.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

It was slightly annoying that they showed Drummer saying she would meet with Marco in the teaser and then she wasn't in the episode again. Next week, I guess!

I laughed when Amos German suplexed that guy to death.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TINY!

Peaches did escape with Amos! I'm glad Naomi warned Holden in time. Bobbie better be okay :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Does Amos know he’s an alpha male?

CaptainWacky

He'd reject the whole concept.

CaptainWacky

Bobbi can hold my spaceships together any time she wants.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If the apocalypse happens, I want to be with Amos and Peaches.

CaptainWacky

I hope Drummer kills that smug woman with the lipstick.

CaptainWacky

Dominique Tipper did very good acting in this episode.

Anakin was right, spinning is a good trick.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
CLIFFHANGER :rwmad:

I was really afraid Naomi was going to die.