The Expanse season 6

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just don't expect to see more of Jonathan Banks after the first episode.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched the whole final season this weekend - much better than waiting each week for a new one I think, tho it did go super fast.

Filip and Naomi being reunited and the future of all the main characters feels like something you’ve got enough info on to imagine for yourself, but everything to do with the planet seems like way too much setup if they never intended to follow up on it. Maybe it’s just the writers way to sneakily get themselves another season. If so, I’m all for it.

I always felt like this was Game of Thrones in space, where the human factional conflicts would eventually prove pointless in the face of the alien power, but we still barely know more about them than we did at the start. I like the mystery, but it seems a waste not to explore it more at all.

Other than that, good finale. Felt similar to BSG’s or DS9’s in terms of the final battles. I’m glad Holden transferred power to Drummer. Him taking charge of a trade Federation was looking like a really dull end to the series otherwise.

CaptainWacky

I still need to read the final book, but I don't think we ever find out much about the history of the ancient aliens. They don't even have proper names, they just get called the Romans and Goths.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The last book I read was the one with Earth getting attacked. I’ll finish off the series at some point but I feel the writing went downhill quite a bit.

CaptainWacky

I finally remembered to buy book 9 so I'll read it soonish!

CaptainWacky

Two years WTF!?