The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Did anyone else laugh when Wilson said "What's with all the knives"?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The thing I like about live action Marvel is how they've taken elements from the classic stories and adapted them so they work in the new format. Iron Man feels like comic book Iron Man. Thor feels like Thor. The Civil War happens. Even though a lot of things in the story are very different from the comics version. Looking at the costume, it is very reminiscent of back in the '80s, when Cap stepped down and The Government created a new Captain America, who quickly went awry. Meanwhile, Rogers came back as The Captain before eventually becoming Captain America again and Replacement Cap took Rogers' The Captain uniform, becoming USAgent. Be interesting to see what they'll be cooking up with these ingredients, given their track record of amazing dishes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Another good episode, but another overblown cameo that turned out to be an obscure character, I needed to watch a video to understand.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
She's basically Evil Nick Fury.

I hope they wrap up the plot in the first five minutes next week then spend fifty minutes on THE BOAT and nothing else and right at the end the boat starts to fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with no explanation but it cuts to black before you see anything.

(Actually I enjoyed the boat stuff this week because it had a BOAT REPAIR MONTAGE and I enjoy montages. I liked Bucky flirting with Sam's sister too.)

Wyatt Russell continues to be really good as Walker. I hope his shitty homemade shield breaks apart the first time he uses it.

The whole GRC stuff continues to be pretty underwritten, to the point where I wonder if it was a late replacement for the original story of the Flagsmaers trying to start a global pandemic (really that was the plan before covid.) I don't know if they're meant to be evil or just incompetent? That evil guy who named the new Cap was a part of them this week so I guess they are bad?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Is Sam going to be the Falcon and Captain America? Or will he have a new name, like Uncle Sam? lol

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH, I saw the eagle figurine!

CaptainWacky

THE BOAT IS THE HEART.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Good finally, I joked to a friend at work that it might end up with another ship of Theseus talk again, since they replaced so many parts on that boat.

Glad they didn't make us wait all episode to see Sam in that costume, and that Walker was redeemed a bit, the powerbroker was a bit disappointing, if only because of how obvious it's been all season.

CaptainWacky

I liked Falcon's new costume and the cheesiness of everyone going "no, that's black Captain America!" Captain America should be a bit cheesey really. The museum bit was nice. I liked Zemo's evil butler blowing up the Flagsmashers. We need more evil butlers in things.

As I mentioned before the whole Flagsmaers/GRC plot suffered from being underwriten. When Karli died she said "fogive me!" to Sam and it didn't really ring true at all. She wasn't written consistently at all and really the whole show tried to do a bit too much for six episodes and some plots didn't get enough time (like you'd think Bucky at least would react to Walker making his own shield but he just accepted Walker way too quickly.) The Sharon story doesn't really make any sense (if she's the Powerbroker, why was she killing her own men a few weeks ago?) but I'm fine with her being a bad guy, if that's what she is. She'd only had like ten minutes of screentime before this series anyway.

The fight with Batroc was pretty disappointing and really he's nothing like comic Batroc give me comic Batroc.

I thought the best thing about the show as the interplay between Sam and Bucky (I genuinely did enjoy the boat stuff last week despite making fun of it) and I wish the whole villain plot had been as good.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Given that Sam didn't have powers, even with a jetpack and a vibranium suit, how did he hold that truck up with his bare hands?

CaptainWacky

America power.