The Mandalorian

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GEORGE LUCAS SECRETLY STEALTH DIRECTED THE ENTIRE SHOW I HAVE PROOF.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They did a good job with that. A lot more movement and emotion conveyed, which I think is worth it looking less like Mark Hamill. I mean typically you’d just recast an actor, so it looking anything like them at all is a good thing, but not much point if they move like a robot.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Cancel culture my ass. You reap what you sow.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This one goes down as really up there on the self-sabotage list.
I was just thinking about that. As a conservative who e-mailed "Jeopardy!" after planned guest host Katie Couric's rant on Bill Maher, could I really oppose this? Well there are a few differences:
1) Carano is an actress, playing a character. Her views are separate from her role. I still love "Lethal Weapon," even though I disagree with Danny Glover's personal views (and liberals disagree with Mel Gibson). Katie Couric was hired because she's Katie Couric. What she says publically--and on a TV show, not some social media profile--reflects what she brings as a host.
2) I didn't actually demand that she be fired. I just said I wouldn't be watching any episodes she hosted. Apparently there was a mass movement for Carano to be removed from the show. And Disney listened. Meanwhile, while there was some uncomfortable press for a day or two, Couric is still in the lineup for "Jeopardy!"
3) Not only did Disney fire her, they called her views "abhorrent" and basically blackballed her from ever working for them again. That's bullshit that ironically proves the point she was making in her posts.

CaptainWacky

It's Being Held Responsible For Your Own Actions gone mad.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The point she was making in that post was that conservatives in America are being treated like the Jews were during the holocaust.

I'm not currently aware of Disney sending SS officers after Gina Carano because she thinks Trump is great and wearing a mask sucks.

I mean, this is capitalism. Private corporations decide to distance themselves from people who would publicly tarnish their image. Isn't this what conservatives want?

She didn't even really get dropped for that moronic take. She got dropped for continually posting Qanon-inspired nonsense for months on end even after being repeatedly asked to tone it down. This was just the final straw.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^^well said

whisky

Boobie inspector
Saying shit online can get you fired from any job, I even got chewed out a few years ago for just saying I'd had a shitty day. That's why I am careful what I say on Facebook now.

CaptainWacky

I can't believe Cara Dune had a stroke coming out of hyperspace! Guess it's the risk they all take when they travel like that.

CaptainWacky

Ahsoka spoilers: