The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Mirah

I love you
Or 3M or MMM or M cubed
Is there already a 3M thread???

I just got to the part where she is about to out a famous comedian who is actually a character and I shut it off. I can't handle it.

I also can't wait to see the part where her husband finally learns that she has been doing comedy.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Keep watching. It just keeps getting better and better.

And season 2 goes off in directions you never anticipated, but it all makes sense as you're watching it.

It's just a freaking great show. I haven't felt so engrossed in a show while watching it since Mad Men.

Mirah

I love you
I am enjoying it.
Now I had to skip past the wedding part-that was too embarrasing to watch!
I am sure I was going to update with something else, but I can't remember now.
Oh yeah-I was probably going to comment on how her husband discovered she was doing comedy and that she was good. But he couldn't be with her.

Last edited:

Mirah

I love you
I am about to die laughing, Midge says to her father, "I don't want to hide it anymore" like it could be this really really awful thing-oh my
I have tears in my eyes

Mirah

I love you
This better not end with someone fucking killing themselves or having a heart attack. If it does I will kill somebody! Just kidding I won't kill somebody, but I was watching the firework scene or one of the scenes and I was so happy that this wasn't going to be one of those shows where someone suddenly keels over, or almost keels over. I WAS HOPING!
Alanis Morrisette, sorry its not a fun version with a video. I am currently laying in a bed in the middle of this wierd room that used to be an office in a house that used to be the home of a doll maker and there is a cat on my legs. I cannot move. I should take pictures of the doll house parts, it is interesting and not at all creepy.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Facebook posts look like doodoo using the Media link.

I prefer clicking on the post and then r clicking copy. Always gives the best resolution.

We hadn't watched this yet, but will run the pilot tonight :D

jack

We watched the pilot and the 2nd episode last night.

We are both completely hooked. Thanks for the recommendation!

jack

I am so enjoting this series. We're halfway through the 2nd series already. We watch 2 episodes every night. Quite entertaining!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can't wait to see what she's doing on the Password set. :joker:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

jack

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They've renamed the game "Seconds Count" but it's a virtual copy of the old Password set.

There are guys around her throwing things at the audience as she does a mic drop, so maybe she gets hired to do the audience warm-up...

tsXhgyb.jpg

The Question

Eternal
*looks at the Wikipedia article. -> Follows to the showrunner's article, checks the 'Early Life' section*

Yep. That's what I expected to find. That's exactly what I expected to find.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
After 4 episodes, I'm ambivalent about season 5.

Visually the show is knockout gorgeous and impressive. The money they must spend on each episode is sick. Using real NYC backdrops and landmarks such as Carnegie Hall and 30 Rock, plus an impossibly choreographed and filmed chase scene through several subway trains and platforms... it's all a feast for the eyes. Technical Emmys will be given in generous amounts.

If only the story wasn't devolving into chaotic oatmeal.

Midge is becoming less sympathetic as a character with each episode, and I think Amy Sherman-Palladino wants it that way? The flash-forward scenes showing her screwed-up adult children, and her as an oblivious, self-centered diva of a mom... um, okay? Good to know she found success, but became an asshole in the process?

And this last episode was all over the place -- I guess they are laying the groundwork for Midge being a self-centered asshole? Which... why?

The show was always just silly enough but grounded in an intelligence and wit that made it a substantive dessert. But now the flavors aren't mixing as well, and the silliness is taking over. Hopefully it gets better by the finale.