The Soul Train

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
images

The origins of Soul Train can be traced to 1965 when WCIU-TV, an upstart UHF station in Chicago, began airing two youth-oriented dance programs: Kiddie-a-Go-Go and Red Hot and Blues. These programs specifically the latter, which featured a predominantly African-American group of in-studio dancers—would set the stage for what was to come to the station several years later. Don Cornelius, a news reader and backup disc jockey at Chicago radio station WVGN, was hired by WCIU in 1967 as a news and sports reporter. Cornelius also was promoting and emceeing a touring series of concerts featuring local talent (sometimes called "record hops") at Chicago-area high schools, calling his traveling caravan of shows "The Soul Train". WCIU-TV took notice of Cornelius's outside work and in 1970, allowed him the opportunity to bring his road show to television.
Soul Train

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
CeeJay said:

Troll Kingdom - (Named changed to CeeJay: Jun 17, 2006)
Changing your username doesn't change your join date, ya fuckin' mongoloid.

Mine's been changed a few times.

The Question -> The Saint -> The Highwayman. Same ol' original join date.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Hey guess what liar? No one cares and we've all moved on.

You're a fucking loser :bigass:

btw no posts from any "blackfoot" archived either you fucking lying piece of shit.

I was the first one from Comicon to post here. Verrified by the community. The Saint was'nt the Saint until just before I joined. He was known as the question.

Pants on fire motherfucker. You NEVER posted here before I did. Show. One. Post.