The Umbrella Academy

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's a Netflix show but I thought I'd give it its own thread because other people might be interested too as it could be good and Ellen Page is in it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was that Billy Bones?

Mirah

I love you
Ooooh I will check this out. I don't recall seeing it on my list last night when I was browsing.

CaptainWacky

Because it doesn't start until February 15th.

CaptainWacky

She's a friendly Canadian.[/dr dave]

CaptainWacky

I bet if she ever met Carly Rae Jepsen she'd say "salutations!"

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Reminder this is on Netflix tomorrow.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched the first one! It's weird and confusing, but also pretty good. I guess they meant for the premiere to be weird and confusing, and things will become more clear soon.

Mirah

I love you
It is pretty good.
There are 10 episodes available on Netflix. I wasn't expecting that.

CaptainWacky

I have watched a few episodes and am enjoying it. The main story does move slow, and it's not super deep or anything, but the actors are all good playing their wacky characters, there's so nice comic book visuals and it's fun. And sometimes we need fun!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished the 3rd one and it's starting to pick up a bit. I hope Vanya stops being sad soon, OR GETS A SUPERPOWER. :rwmad:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am trying to watch ep 4 but all the streams are fucked up. I stopped at 20 minutes, and will try again tomorrow (this is so I remember where I'm at, okya?) :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I have watched the full seasons, here are my thoughts on the full season, don't read if you don't want spoilers on the full season.

LAST WARNING OKAY.

It was pretty good. I read the comics about ten years ago so I don't remember all the details, but I'm pretty sure the comics were a bit crazier and more over the top. Like I'm sure this storyline ended with an intergalactic wrestling match against aliens or something and obviously that didn't happen. I mean there was some good weirdness in the show but I'd like season two to go a bit crazier. I'm not saying they should try to be like Legion but it would be nice if they did!

Anyway, forgetting the source material it was a good season of tv. I did think it felt a bit padded in the middle, like there were too many episodes dedicated to getting the family back together. And I was disappointed with some of the story decisions like fridging the lady detective (she didn't even come back as a ghost!) But the last three episodes were really good once Vayna discovered her powers. I loved that she just straight up murdered the creepy boyfriend rather than letting him maniuplate her any further. Sure she nearly destroyed the world after that but at least it was her choice! The actors were all good and suited to their characters. I knew it would turn out that their father wasn't as evil as he seemed (though he was still pretty fucked up, let's not let him completely off the hook!) I liked he monkey butler and the android mom.

I hope it gets a season two I will watch it!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, they killed Diego's cop girlfriend.

episode 5: LISTEN TO YOUR SISTER, VANYA. I knew those pills were suppressing her super power. THE POWER TO PLAY THE VIOLIN, and make the sex. Is the butler evil? I don't think so. I'm glad the robot mom is back.

CaptainWacky

Monkeys are never evil.