The usual back and forth split from another thread

The Question

Eternal
And moreover, quit fucking doing shit like this. This isn't TrekBBS. This isn't WF. Go fucking get on staff at one of those two places if you want to do their kind of shenanigans. This is Troll Kingdom, son. Get with the program or get off the fuckin' bus.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Whatever you say, Man From 2005.

The Question

Eternal
See, now you're learning. Because you're damned right it's whatever I say. Because, between the two of us, one's a leader and one's a follower. And you, very clearly, are not the leader here.

The Question

Eternal
Kidding and fun aside, what you did tonight? Splitting these posts off so that Wacky's freedom-bashing could go (by appearances) unopposed and unchallenged?

Yeah, you fucked up. TBBS level fucked up. I'm telling you, here and now, you need to undo that fuckup. Quick.

I have very little faith that you'll snap up and be quick and unfuck this. But you should. I'm saying this out of character, you need to unfuck this, fast.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Exactly what about what Wacky wrote was "freedom-bashing"? You're seeing things that aren't there.

The Question

Eternal
IN THE SUMMER TIME WHEN WE CAN'T GO OUTSIDE OR WE'LL DIE
WHEN EVERYONE'S DYING AND THERE'S RACISM AND COVID ALL THE FUCKING TIME
WHEN THE DYING'S ARUOND, IT'LL REALLY, IT'LL REALLY BRING YOU DOWN
DON'T WATCH THE NEWS, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, WASH YOUR HANDS ALL THE TIME
AND LIVE SAFE IN THE KNWOLEDGE THAT WE'RE LIVIN' IN THE DARKEST TIMELINE

Racism? Darkest timeline? Sounds more than just faintly politicized. But nooooobody gets to challenge that. Noooooooobody gets to say, "Hey, wait a minute, I disagree"....

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There's racism in the headlines right now. People are living in quarantine all over the world and many are finding it to be bleak.

GASP! WHAT AN OFFENSIVE OUTLOOK!

Did Wacky say your name? Or anyone you know? This is what set you off? I'd say we're both overstressed.

The Question

Eternal
There's racism in the headlines right now.

From racists who are blaming all white people, or all cops, for the actions of one (former) Officer Derek Chauvin. Racism didn't murder George Floyd, a predator in uniform did. Racism is blaming "whypipo" for the actions of a fucking psycho shielded by a badge, when it should be blaming the fact that badges shield psychos.

People are living in quarantine all over the world and many are finding it to be bleak.

Which is why some of us are looking at the mortality rates and going, "Wait, not only didn't this help, it fucking hurt people, so it's time to end it already."

GASP! WHAT AN OFFENSIVE OUTLOOK!

Did Wacky say your name? Or anyone you know? This is what set you off? I'd say we're both overstressed.

Maybe so, but I'm not the one who put a boot on the conversation by splitting half of it off, am I. Undo that.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You're jamming a specific, pointed meaning into Wacky's usual ironic lyricism that isn't there, and never is generally.

I got personal and I apologize for that. I'll delete my attack at you if you want. But this stuff doesn't belong in the MF.

The Question

Eternal
My point is simple: Wacky turned it political. No problem. But when he turned it political, I had an answer to that.

You don't want my political answer to his political statement in the MF? Okay. No problem. But don't just split my answer off up here; split off what it was an answer to up here, too. Or leave all of it where it was, if you don't mind. Without what I was responding to up here to go along with my response, it just looks like you split something up into this forum that was just random horseshit apropos of nothing, and that totally mischaracterizes my post. Which is not kosher, IMO. I didn't just post the first post in this thread apropos of nothing, y'know?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Dude. You confused a reference to an episode of Community with a political speech. :joker:

The Question

Eternal
Did I, though? I mean, it's just you assuming one inference and me assuming a different one. Your odds of being right in your inference are no better than mine are, really. And, frankly, that's not really very solid ground for threadsplitting, now, is it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Other than the 20-year history of CaptainWacky's posts at several message boards.

Has he ever set foot in Armchair Philosophers? Nope.

Does he ever make pointed political threads in the Mine Field? Nope.

Is he allowed to express his emotional state in the poetic way he wishes to? Absolutely.

Are you allowed to have an opinion about it? Absolutely.

But should its tone flow with the forum it's being posted in here? Yup. And you've willingly held to that unspoken contract until tonight, for some reason.

The Question

Eternal
Other than the 20-year history of CaptainWacky's posts at several message boards.

I haven't been following the guy all over the internet for 20 years, and really, isn't that more or less irrelevant? I didn't respond to 20 years worth of his posts, just one post.

Does he ever make pointed political threads in the Mine Field? Nope.

Uhhhh, actually? Sometimes he kinda does, really. He usually keeps it pretty well veiled, so I almost never respond to it. This evening's was an exception that was pretty far out there, so I did respond this time.

Is he allowed to express his emotional state in the poetic way he wishes to? Absolutely.

Are you allowed to have an opinion about it? Absolutely.

But should its tone flow with the forum it's being posted in here? Yup. And you've willingly held to that unspoken contract until tonight, for some reason.

No, I still held to it tonight, too. It's just that Wacky himself changed that tone, so I matched his, and instead of removing both his and my uncharacteristic-for-the-MF posts, only mine got yanked. Care to explain that?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
No, you went all Armchair Philosophers on it, effectively killing a long-running MF thread. And I've owned up to my part in that. You should own up to yours.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm contacting Mentalist. I'll abide by his wishes, whatever they are. .

The Question

Eternal
Don't bother, just lock this account. I've had enough. This is getting fucking stupid, now. Aside from any other considerations about the spirit and intent of the board itself, let's lay down 2 big cards:

1. The Minefield is a spam forum. Nothing in it is even supposed to be taken seriously or treated with any respect for 'topical' focus.
2. You said yourself that most of the participants of the MF have me on ignore, meaning they didn't even see anything you split off out of there and so weren't even bothered by it to begin with.

So there was no purpose served by splitting off my responses out of that thread. At all. Other than simply that you didn't want responses to a political statement to be seen where that political statement was made. Again, Not. Kosher.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Once again, you're all about the substance, I'm all about the context and tone.

Several people may have you on ignore, but they're still going to see all my responses and have to wade through it all to get to the next non-fighting post. It's a pain in the ass for the others. Simple as that.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
"The Minefield is a spam forum. "

It has not been a spam forum for well over a decade. It's a close-knit place where a few people that like to post on message boards years after people stopped posting on message boards still like to hang out. Going off on politically charged rants over a dumbass thread I started fourteen fucking years ago to a post that should have never even triggered such a tirade in the first place is not reasonable or welcome.

The entire cesspit of the internet including this part of the forum is still open and available for you to get riled up and have a rant if you wish to. Kicking off and attacking Wacky in the Minefield is not.

I guess I could update the official rule thread to highlight this but I'm too fucking lazy so consider this the amendment.

The Question

Eternal
Wacky has me on Ignore and never even saw my post. Splitting my posts from that thread serves no purpose other than hollow, stupid virtue signaling.