The Weird And Unexpected Benefit Of Better Peripherals

The Question

Eternal
So when I moved Tempe to Minnesota, I couldn't ship my spanking new iMac with me. Didn't know the address of where I was going to, or where I'd end up. Had to ship it back to Apple as "trade in" and got a MacBook Air for it. It was a big step down. I didn't bitch and I didn't complain. Then, about 3 weeks after I went back from Minnesota to Arizona (ended up in ghost town -ass Holbrook, as some may have noticed) a bottle of cream soda fucking assassinated my MacBook Air. Seriously, assassinated it. I knew the thing might foam up, so I stood like 5 feet away to open it. It didn't foam, it fucking blasted in order to take out the laptop. It went to absurd, cartoonish fucking lengths to get that sucker.

Fast forward one month. Only computer I could afford at that point was a cheap as dog shit HP Pavilion 20 b013w all-in-one. Still using that. Upgrading it one part at a time; starting with a Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse and SteelSeries mousepad that just showed up today. Here's the Weird: This ancient box of goat shit is actually a touch snappier in responsiveness from the DeathAdder Elite than it was with the Logitech K400+ Home Theater PC keyboard + trackpad unit I got the thing with. My suspicion is that it's because the mouse is wired via USB instead of wireless via Logitech dongle. (I love that word, by the way. Dongle. Donnnnnnngle. lolol)

Agree? Disagree? Speak up.

The Question

Eternal
But your girlfriend loves 'em. HYUK HYUK HYUK!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
TLDR. This is like a tragic she-Shep post. Only with a penis instead of a 4" clitoris.

The Question

Eternal
You got that off the mention of 'dongles'. What you missed is that Windows sucks so hard, compared to macOS, that its performance can actually hinge on the keyboard and mouse you plug into a machine running it.

The Question

Eternal
BTW, if that OP is TL and you DR, you needed more whoopings as a kid. Quit daydreaming and focus, kid. That's right -- there's no such damn thing as "ADHD" -- there's kids who daydream instead of focusing, and the solution is getting their asses beat, not drugs.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I love dongles. I have one for every peripheral I use. Like my fitbit, and my mice for ma desktop and 2 laptops.

Dongles are good.

The Question

Eternal
Dongle dangle DINGLE dongle!

jack

133-65_lg.jpg

jack

Ive got a fitbit dongle for my desktop, but it seems to be confused with my phone, even though the wifi is the same.

????

The Question

Eternal
That's why I prefer wired over wireless devices. Devices that communicate in the same frequency band can "cross talk" over each other. You don't get that with wired stuff.

By the way, the Ornata Chroma keyboard arrived yesterday. It's supposed to be a "mecha membrane" keyboard, which in reality just means that it's a membrane keyboard with an extra bit in each keyswitch, a spring that -- when you release the keypress -- 'clicks' against the inside of the switch mechanism. Having used a Das Keyboard 4 Pro with Cherry MX Red switches, I can tell you that the Ornata doesn't actually feel like a mechanical keyboard in the slightest. It's just rubber dome keyswitches with a little gimmick to make the thing sound mechanical.

That said, the 'click' is nice and, more than the tactile sensation, is all I actually bought a mechanical keyboard for anyway. So, nicely done, Razer.

jack

Currently all my mice are wireless, as is my Fitbit. Constantly having to adjust them to just get them to work properly. I was resistant to the original wireless switches as the wired ones became obsolete, but I've gotten used to it.

Coyote Ugly

Full Frontal Nudity
Currently all my mice are wireless, as is my Fitbit. Constantly having to adjust them to just get them to work properly. I was resistant to the original wireless switches as the wired ones became obsolete, but I've gotten used to it.

What does your fitbit measure?... how many fucking donuts you eat per hour, you fat little fuck?

jack

I have no idea what he posted, but it's clear since he's following me around that he's obsessed with Jack :bigass: Imagine, having Blackfoot in common. The little Jew has lost his mind.

He is a kike you know...

Good enough for me.