The Witcher

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Finale thoughts: I know it's a fantasy world and not our Earth and they can do whatever they want, but the bra felt too modern!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm having a hard time getting into the show now. :'(

CaptainWacky

They just do such a bad job making us care about the political arrangements of the land. Game of Thrones did it so much better.

JUST FIGHT A MONSTER WITH A GIANT DONG.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I finally finished the 5 episodes that are out. I don't know if it's worse, or if I have lost interest because THE HOTNESS isn't going to be the witcher anymore. Either way, I haven't enjoyed it as much. There were some good bits, but they haven't made me care about the elves, or the political shenanigans. I kind of check out when those story lines are happening, so I couldn't tell you what is going on 5 minutes after I've seen it.

CaptainWacky

WHAT ABOUT THE BRA?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Episode 6 and 7 have been the best ones this season. The mages vs the elves was exciting, and then Ciri lost in the desert fighting her own subconscious was interesting. BRING BACK THE UNICORN. I think Ciri is the unicorn.

CaptainWacky

Episode 6 - It was good that there was some action and PLOT DEVELOPMENTS (that I can't follow.) Like I can just about remember the evil hot woman (Phillipa) and the bald guy (Dykstra?) but I still don't know the name of the guy who beat up Geralt or what his DEAL is. Fuck, I still don't know MyAnna Buring's character's name after three seasons. I can't remember who the guy who asked Ciri to kill him on the cliff is either. GRRRR.

Episode 7 - It went on a bit but the unicorn was cute and I guess Ciri is tempted by the DARK SIDE now. She should BURN HER HEDGEHOG DAD.

Episode 8 - SPOILERS. They didn't do anything to set up Geralt's change lol. I looked up the girl with the bow and arrows because she's cute and it's Shang-Chi's sister. Does the Hedgehog King know that's not really his daughter or is he just dumb?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't know what is happening, but episode 8 was fun. WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THE WHOLE SEASON FUN LIKE THIS? They just needed more fight scenes and less dumb hard to follow politics.

I like bow and arrows girl.

CaptainWacky

^You should watch Shang-Chi, grrrr (I know Beebee doesn't let you watch movies.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member

He looks fine, as I suspected he would. The recasting isn't the problem; it's why the recasting happened in the first place (the showrunners and writers suck)

CaptainWacky

He pretty much looks the same, which I guess was the point of them posting it. The show isn't that good (but not terrible) and will probably continue to be not that good (but not terrible.)