thing of the day (thing+757)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They dragged him to the clearing in the jungle. Impossibly large, how could this have been there all along? It was like there were no trees now. No time to think, he was shoved forward and fell to his knees. He looked up at Judge Frog sitting on his throne. He was a huge fucking frog.

"You have been called to the regal court of Judge Frog. HOW PLEAD THEE."

"Thee?"

"YE."

"I don't think that's right either..."

"HOW PLEAD THOUST."

"Why is it a regal court? You're not a king." None of this made sense.

"SILENCE. HOW DOTH THON PLEAD?"

"..."

"END THIGH SILENCE."

"Did you mean to say thigh? I don't..."

He felt a twisting in his brain. His very soul. He saw the moment of his death, gunned down on the side of the road for no reason. Well, no, that was...he couldn't have died. He was here. He remembered dying...hadn't that been a dream?

"I am guilty of wasting my life, wasting literally every minute, ignoring all warning, ignoring all sense. letting time pass and pass and pass but not passing, watching people die and yet remaining, changing but remaining the same, I AM GUILTY OF IT ALL, I don't know if I ever had a chance but I feel guilty so maybe I am, I must be, I don't know it just I don't know I don't know I DON'T KNOW okay okay okay you fucking frog YOU FUCKING FROG." The frog was smaller now and looked scared. He could grab it squeeze it kill it end the frog...

"GUILTY!" the word rang all around him, not from the frog but from the trees themself, they were back, closing in, oppressive, He couldn't get out, it was like he was on the same of the road again, he was going to die again, there was nothing...

He was in bed and he was sweating worse than ever before. His sheets felt like the trees and he was trapped. He tried to sit up but couldn't. He tried again. It was comical. He was awake but still trapped. Maybe this was the end.

He finally sat up and saw the frog at the end of his bed.

He woke up for real. He didn't trust he was really awake. It was exhausting, being trapped between dream and the waking world. He didn't even want to know anymore. He shut his eyes and went back to sleep. Maybe that was where he belonged.

AND HIS NAME WAS CHARLES HORSE