This Time with Alan Partridge

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
KISS MY FACE

Starts Monday

CaptainWacky

REMINDER that this is on TONIGHT as I feel awareness is pretty low!?

CaptainWacky

So the first episode was pretty decent, as long as you weren't expecting it to be I'm Alan Partridge quality. I had prepared myself for it to be more along the Mid Morning Matters level of quality and it was (I still enjoyed Mid Morning Matters!) Some jokes felt a bit like they woudn't have been in "classic" Partridge but maybe that's me being too critical/a snob. I liked the "Clunt/Fluck" joke and the bit where he was getting turned on by the woman washing her hands. The end interview with the hacktivist was funny, though the bit in the lift went on too long (and realistically the One Show would have cut away from that!) So it wasn't classic Partridge or anything but I laughed quite a few times so that was nice.

CaptainWacky

The funniest parts in this week's were funnier than the first episode, but some stuff still felt a bit too silly maybe.

CaptainWacky

This week's was inconsistent like always, but there were some very funny bits like the school section (with creepy CGI Partridge child and Alan explaining how to properly smack a child) and his ipad having photos of pregnant women, a sketch of Michael, and Noel Edmonds.

CaptainWacky

Everything after he falls over is very good.

CaptainWacky

The CPR with the sex doll bit was very funny.

(Am I really the only one watching this.)

CaptainWacky

The "shaved boy in a skirt" bit was the hardest I've laughed at anything for a while.

CaptainWacky

The whole sleep clinic segment and the all the crazy calls after ("Alan you cock!") was brilliant.

SO I've managed to bump the thread for all six episodes now and I STILL THINK there must be at least one other person here who's been watching it...

CaptainWacky

Still really bitter that nobody replies to this thread, to be honest.