Thor: Ragnarok

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Hulk had been Hulked up for two years so it makes sense that he would have learned how to talk more by now.

Dershocka

dershocka
It was a great movie. I'm always impressed with Marvel's willingness to go balls out, and take the movies, and stories in different directions. Loki's moral complexities are a shining point in every movie he's in. I'm glad the movie had a humorous tone, and it worked despite all the tragic shit that went down.

The reason these Damn movies keep working is because they keep it fun. In a world of green monsters, Gods, and guys in metal suits the tongue has to stay firmly planted in cheek. Maybe DC will get it one day. Notice how much more enjoyable MCU Spider-Man is compared to Sony's emo Peter Parker.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure DC hiring Joss Whedon to finish off Justice League won't result in a different tone from the usual DC movie at all...

Dershocka

dershocka
I've read Justice League has a lighter tone than Man of steel, and BvS. Judging from the previews Aquaman seems to be enjoying himself.

CaptainWacky

Cate Blanchett dances in this video.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Finally saw it last week. Enjoyed it quite a bit. My biggest gripe with it--and "Guardians of the Galaxy II" is that they flip-flopped the mood on them, IMO. GotG2 was much heavier and darker than I expected and Ragnarok was a lot lighter and sillier. I expect Thor to have more gravitas and Star Lord to be more fun.

Oh, and I wouldn't have used "The Immigrant Song" twice. I wish they'd used AC/DC "Thunderstruck" for one of the fights.

Oh, and what with "Apocalypse Now" I'm a bit disappointed to have an actual Valkyrie as a door gunner and no Wagner.

The Question

Eternal
I think the lack of "Thunderstruck" was that they'd kind of already branded the character of Tony Stark with AC/DC from the first Iron Man.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'll allow that. But then if they ever do a scene with Thor and Iron Man fighting together, they'd better use it, by God.

And even though he took it down because of licensing issues, I'll always think of the Viking Kittens on rathergood.com when I hear The Immigrant Song. (You can still find it on YouTube, of course--and a few other places.)

CaptainWacky

They discovered over the course of the Thor movies that Chris Hemsworth is really good at comedy and ran with it.

The Question

Eternal
I'll allow that. But then if they ever do a scene with Thor and Iron Man fighting together, they'd better use it, by God.

Now that's just a given.

CaptainWacky

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
They already had a fight.

Yeah, but that's Thor fighting Iron Man. I mean, like, Thor and Iron Man fucking shit up together like Hulk Hogan and Randy "Macho Man" Savage.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
Who would have thought the hero with the two least liked first films would be the only one to get a 4th?

CaptainWacky

Doctor Strange to be the first to get five?

The Question

Eternal
Loki to be the first villain to get a standalone film? Stay tyyeewwwwnnned!