Tiger Woods buys himself a little 30th Birthday present!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
SI Story

New den for Tiger
Woods buys property in Florida -- for $40 million

JUPITER ISLAND, Fla. -- Tiger Woods turns 30 today and he's been looking to buy himself something.

He just may have found it.

Golf's superstar is reportedly paying $40 million for a 10-acre oceanfront compound on Jupiter Island in Florida.

"It's a really high price and everyone's blown away," Chappy Adams, president of Illustrated Properties in Palm Beach Gardens, told the Palm Beach Post. Illustrated Properties is not involved in the transaction.

The Post reports that the property Woods is buying extends from the Intracoastal to the Atlantic, and that it's a record sale for Forbes magazine's "Most Expensive ZIP Code."

The main house has approximately 5,000 feet of floor space, is 13 years old and in good condition.

But real estate agents say Woods and his wife intend to tear it down and redevelop the entire property.

"The main house is in very good condition, but I'd think that someone who paid that much would want to put their own stamp on it," Jupiter area real estate agent Dolly Peters told the Post. "I'd be surprised if he didn't tear it down."
In addition to the main house, it currently boasts two guest houses, a beach house and two boats.

One of the deep-water docks might be big enough for Woods' 155-foot-yacht, Privacy, which he keeps in North Palm Beach, sources familiar with the property told the Post.

You know what? Tiger made $89 million in 2005, and won 2 majors (The Masters and The British Open), bringing his total majors wins to a phenomenal 10. He also became the youngest player to win each major twice, and only the fourth golfer IN HISTORY to complete that feat.

I'd say he deserves to spend his money however he likes!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Ultimate proof American Sportspersons are vastly overpaid.

You can kinda let Woods off though, because it's global prize winnings.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Why doesn't have give the money to some African with AIDS or me.

Big Dick McGee

Remember, of the $89 Million that Woods won, only $8.9 Million of it was U.S. prize money. I think he won about $4M on the European Tour. The rest were SPONSORSHIPS! Nike pays him HUGE every year, and Buick, Amex etc. aren't far behind. But believe me, Tiger moves merchandise!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
It's mostly the American Football, baseball & Basketball 'stars' that are vastly overpaid.

Big Dick McGee

Agreed. The league minimum in Major League Baseball is $300,000 a year. Ridiculous

CaptainWacky

And Wayne Rooney.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Football stars get their fair whack. Isn't Beckham still on 95,000 pounds a week just in wages? Add his sponserships that are probably double that a week and he is doing pretty cushy. and he's at the end leg of his career now. He's been getting 90,000+ a week for years and years. And beckham isn't the highest paid footballer even.

CaptainWacky

FUCK Beckham and he ugly wife.

CaptainWacky

Or if he's beating up NAZIS.