Transformers thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2023) - Watched this today. I didn't think it was very good, sadly! I liked Bumblebee way more. That had heart. This had a lot of robots hitting each other in empty looking environments. There were some cool moments and stuff, but visually I don't think it was anywhere near what it should have been. Unicron was completely underwhelming. He didn't even transform! To be honest I fell asleep a bit in the middle and missed some of the plot but meh I'm pretty sure it made no sense. They tried really hard to turn the main human into an action guy and the actor did okay but it felt like too much. Optimus had a really nice design at the end of Bumblebee, as I recall, but he looked kind of ugly here. But I mean yeah Mirage using his holograms was cool and Arcee shot people and stuff. It existed!

Last edited:

StarMan™

Yeah, they finally made a decent movie in Bumblebee after the atrocious Last Knight. Then they lean into the Michael Bay shit again. Pity they blew their wad on Unicron. Would've been better to try and go more celestial and do something space-based first, maybe. Unicron heads to Earth = Unicron defeated (a literal planet eating Robot god). It's the same with Galactus; you bring that threat to Earth and you're kinda done with them, aren't you? They're too big to be left on the playing field, if you get my drift.

CaptainWacky

If you're going to do Unicron at least have him transform into a robot and fucking tear a plant apart with his bare hands. I NEED TO SEE MASS DEATHS.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I need him.

CaptainWacky

That's why you should buy the super expensive updated fully-articulated version!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I used to have him. He's probably still in my parent's old house in the attic, broken and stickers peeling.
My brother had the Autobot jet, which happened to be a repurposed Robotech Veritech fighter. So I got him to give it to me at some point and painted it with the yellow and black Robotech paintscheme. It is in my basement.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
My brother had the Autobot jet, which happened to be a repurposed Robotech Veritech fighter. So I got him to give it to me at some point and painted it with the yellow and black Robotech paintscheme. It is in my basement.
I found a Soundwave for cheap($5 I think) at a toy show a few months ago. Good condition, no accessories. I'd like to find one or both of the cassettes someday, Ravage and Rumble. Found a complete Devastator for $100 bucks also but I had already spent too much on other toys so I didn't get him.....maybe next time.

CaptainWacky