TrekBBS: Paranoia Will Destroy Ya

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
So, I started posting at Big Blue under the name Doctor Bombay. Premium member and all that and added well to the discussion.

Over a month ago, I got temp banned from TNZ for suggesting Hillary Clinton should be blood eagled. Fair enough... no threatening public figures and all that. Took my ban on the chin and posted on.

The month passes, and the ban is not lifted. I contact Borgminister, who initially contacted me about the ban, and he said it wasn't in his power. Ok, fine. I contact T'Bonz and explain the sitch, requesting to have the ban lifted since the time has expired.

Does the ban get lifted? Instead, I get this message:

The Trek BBS - Error
You have been banned for the following reason: Dual account of permabanned user MeanJoePhaser.

Ok. I am not, nor have I ever been anyone named "MeanJoePhaser." I have no idea who that was.

This is hilarious. They have me confused with someone else. :bigass:

I think primarily the reason I got kicked is because I played too rough in the TNZ. See, the libs there like to trash anyone they don't like, but when someone actually fights back, then that person must go by any means necessary. I especially antagonized the mod Awesome Possum who is, in my opinion, one of the silliest human beings alive or dead.

So, there goes my $25 for a premium membership. Oh well. Tried to play nice. Didn't work. It appears that, even under the reign of T'Bonz, things haven't changed much from the old Lisa days. The more things change, the more they stay the same. ;)

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Oh, and T'Bonz, if you're reading this: you owe me $25.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
You're gonna have to be a little clearer. No idea who you're talking about.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I managed to not get banned from TBBS. Which was good, once WF became a deader, shittier TBBS. Besides, I liked the Dr. Who discussion. My other Dr. Who board is focused on prop building and the people there are a bit Asperger's/OCD--don't have any theories about The Doctor or opinions about the props. Just focus on how many mm thinner the right front cornerpost is than the left front cornerpost and whether the difference in wood grain on the second panel from the bottom on the right door means it is the hero prop or one of the promotional props. I swear I'm not exaggerating.

Anyways, I digress. There were still reasons to check in at TBBS. But then I made the mistake of referring to a transsexual (or a transvestite, I forget) as a tranny. Frontline gave me a "friendly." But a bit after that I found I was banned from TNZ. When I followed up on it, I learned that I was permabanned. :/

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I managed to not get banned from TBBS. Which was good, once WF became a deader, shittier TBBS. Besides, I liked the Dr. Who discussion. My other Dr. Who board is focused on prop building and the people there are a bit Asperger's/OCD--don't have any theories about The Doctor or opinions about the props. Just focus on how many mm thinner the right front cornerpost is than the left front cornerpost and whether the difference in wood grain on the second panel from the bottom on the right door means it is the hero prop or one of the promotional props. I swear I'm not exaggerating.

And what is this board? I wouldn't mind checking it out in a non-trollish fashion.

Anyways, I digress. There were still reasons to check in at TBBS. But then I made the mistake of referring to a transsexual (or a transvestite, I forget) as a tranny. Frontline gave me a "friendly." But a bit after that I found I was banned from TNZ. When I followed up on it, I learned that I was permabanned. :/

Sounds exactly like what happened to me. Huh.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Fuck that place anyway.

Well, I was kind of having fun, being a good boy except I called down a couple of mods... Awesome Possum, Locutus of Bored, and CultCross. That's probably what put me in bad odor with T'Bonz.

Oerdin

I only posted a few times at that site because it looked stupid, the mods seemed to be biased, and woke SJWs seemed to run the place with their hypocrisy and double speak.

Oerdin

Well, I was kind of having fun, being a good boy except I called down a couple of mods... Awesome Possum, Locutus of Bored, and CultCross. That's probably what put me in bad odor with T'Bonz.

Lotutus or Bored was a mod over at Appleton for while but got banned for being a piece of shit and abusing his mod powers.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And what is this board? I wouldn't mind checking it out in a non-trollish fashion. ...
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php I have the same username over there so be cool about it. Really great group. Back when the show relaunched in 2005, I remember a thread analyzing the TARDIS key to a level that someone figured they could grind a key that would open the BBC prop. One guy was working on an exact replica of a police box in fiberglass, based on measurements from the box at the Crich Tramway Museum. I figured that was just talk, but he was actually doing it. Amazing work. Then he got busy and never finished the build thread. He was an FX/props guy and last I heard, he was actually working on the show.

The more-or-less founder of the board built a version of the original prop that could be reconfigured to any screen accurate version from its 11 year history, IIRC. "Remember that weird eye-hook on the back that you see for a second in the first episode of 'The Curse of Peledon'? I slide this here and flip this and there it is." I don't know if he ever got around to it, but he was going to put an RFID pet door mechanism on the door so he could use the 1970s/1996 movie style key and it would actually lock and unlock the door.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Lotutus or Bored was a mod over at Appleton for while but got banned for being a piece of shit and abusing his mod powers.

I can believe that.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
One good thing about TK is that you can say what you want without the mods/admins running interference for the opposition.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I think I mispoke a bit earlier. I'm not familiar with CultCross or whomever since I haven't read or posted anything there in likely a decade. But as far as the other two go I think maybe Bonnie keeps them on as mods because if they didn't have that going for them they'd off themselves. Sorta like Amaris or whoever he is this week over on Turdforge.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Contacted T'Bonz and she claims she has no idea what happened. We'll see.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
And... Bonz got me back in with total clearance. :D

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I wish I cared enough to do that.

Well, not really. It's been so long that it isn't worth it to me.