TrekBBS: Paranoia Will Destroy Ya

Chuckles51

I tried going back there, but you can only talk to death Classic trek so much. I don’t watch std, nurse who, sjw wars. I’m just old and crotchety now, you kids get off my lawn!!!

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
AND... I'm banned again. Fuck it.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Actually, I'm not sure. I mixed it up in TNZ with Awesome Possum and a couple of others... nothing too strong... and then suddenly I'm banned.

The Question

Eternal
See, the libs there like to trash anyone they don't like, but when someone actually fights back, then that person must go by any means necessary.

That sounds so... strangely familiar...

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
That place was always a little whackadoodle. I think I first joined up there in 2000 and it was the first place on the internet I'd ever seen that was so gung-ho about going overboard with moderation, or even having moderators at all. I figure it's a little more laid back now than it was in the Lisa years, but still it seems like if you're of a differing opinion about something you're a troll. Which is sort of how this place came to be, so thanks for that.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
And... I'm back. :D

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
That place was always a little whackadoodle. I think I first joined up there in 2000 and it was the first place on the internet I'd ever seen that was so gung-ho about going overboard with moderation, or even having moderators at all. I figure it's a little more laid back now than it was in the Lisa years, but still it seems like if you're of a differing opinion about something you're a troll. Which is sort of how this place came to be, so thanks for that.
Slightly off-topic, but this is how I wound up here: Around 2000 VOY ended with a whimper and a prequel series was ballyhooed. I wanted to write a letter with my thoughts to Paramount but was too lazy to type something on a word processor, print it out, stick it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, etc. And it turned out to be impossible to send an e-mail to Paramount. So I joined the StarTrek.com BBS. It was garbage. I eventually gave up on it and drifted to TBBS. I made at least one post there from Iraq during the 2nd Gulf War. It increasingly became garbage but I'd heard good things about WF so I checked it out around...2004? In those days, the place was dead enough you could read every new post without wasting your whole day. Elwood staged his coup before eventually dumping it on Lanzman, who wound up giving the place up to Anc, Gul, and...I forget who else. Now it is a fine place for transexual atheist furry commies and anyone who has a different view will be shunned and/or banned for not being diverse and tolerant enough.

So I'm stuck with you retards. Congratulations. I hate you all less than anyone else on the Internet. So you're stuck with me.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I demand The Highwayman be forced to have a custom title of "The Bad Sort of Retard."

Knight Templar

Slightly off-topic, but this is how I wound up here: Around 2000 VOY ended with a whimper and a prequel series was ballyhooed. I wanted to write a letter with my thoughts to Paramount but was too lazy to type something on a word processor, print it out, stick it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, etc. And it turned out to be impossible to send an e-mail to Paramount. So I joined the StarTrek.com BBS. It was garbage. I eventually gave up on it and drifted to TBBS. I made at least one post there from Iraq during the 2nd Gulf War. It increasingly became garbage but I'd heard good things about WF so I checked it out around...2004? In those days, the place was dead enough you could read every new post without wasting your whole day. Elwood staged his coup before eventually dumping it on Lanzman, who wound up giving the place up to Anc, Gul, and...I forget who else. Now it is a fine place for transexual atheist furry commies and anyone who has a different view will be shunned and/or banned for not being diverse and tolerant enough.

So I'm stuck with you retards. Congratulations. I hate you all less than anyone else on the Internet. So you're stuck with me.

I agree for the most part but I've always had questions about some of the people in positions of power at Worldforge even when I was there.

like "shootER". In lots of his posts he seems pretty reasonable yet suddenly out of the blue he goes absolutely ape shit!.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Shooter is interesting in that he was very good at playing a libertarian--pretty much had me fooled. When you had people like Storm and Jeriko around, he was one of "the boys" and played up his military service and acted very pro-rights. Oh, there were little tells, like his dislike for the NRA or Governor Rick Perry; things that just didn't quite add up. But it wasn't until after The Gang of Four took over and he offered to moderate some forum that I passed on and he got his foot in the door. Now that he's firmly in power, his true colors as a petty fascist are on full display.

The Question

Eternal
What that tells me about shootER is that he has no real compass of his own. Just plays along with the prevailing collection of genuinely dominant personalities; a basic 'follower' type. That's more than a little... sad. :(

Knight Templar

I will fully admit I said something that shootER had plenty of reasons to get extremely angry at me about. I openly posted about doubting if he had ever served in the military. He of course found this immensely galling given that I never served in the military.

Lots of the wordforge crap was beyond belief though. I would post something and 10 other members would go ape shit over it and respond slamming me in every possible way.

And then moderators/administrators would slam ME for derailing the thread!!!! Some of the other members saw it for what it was and ask them why they bothered responding if I upset them so much. I never heard a reasonable response to that.