Trump, Republicans, Faux Constitutionalists, Evangelicals, Stedfast Church, and a few other things are on my poop list

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Just letting you know.

How are you otherwise? Surviving during these crazy times?

Being old, I've lived through some crazy times but the crap that is going on now surpasses all that came before during my lifetime.

Chocolate ice cream and cruising will forever be on my list of favorite things.

Me

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I like how Flynn, Eastman and Guiliani are all sinking a little deeper every day.

They released the pardon list yesterday. Egg on many faces.

Hopefully, the lesson will be learned that if you lie you'll go to jail.

Still, Garland is a fuck. I don't get why the DOJ is just sitting there.

What are they waiting for?

jack

Just letting you know.

Being old, I've lived through some crazy times but the crap that is going on now surpasses all that came before during my lifetime.

Me

I love my garden. What was this thread about again?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I think it is a good habit to get into to express what you like as well as what you don't like. All bitching is just bad form.

I think the DOJ is waiting to see what happens in NYC on tax fraud issues before tackling the federal crimes. No need to divide the country further if Trump is already in jail. Trump is 76 years old. Just about anytime in jail would be a life sentence for him. Reminded of Capone - bad guy to the bone but what he went to prison for was tax evasion. IRS is a different kettle of fish than inspiring one's sycophants into smearing poop on Capitol walls, floors, art, furniture, etc.

jack

The hearings are beginning to have an effect on the general population, I think. All ducks in a row and all that.

LOL at Otero County NM redneck asshats trying to subvert a valid election.. The actual rule of law is stronger than you might think.

Mirah

I love you
Just letting you know.

Me

Have you started smoking yet? How much do you drink?

This stuff is insane. My ability to deal w/ any of it has decreased so much.

jack

It's nice to have her back.

Guess FB bans are good for something? ;)

The Question

Eternal
Just letting you know.
Donald Trump Shrug GIF by Election 2016

jack

It'll be at least amusing to see him try to wriggle out of being responsible for the "insurrection", such as it was.

These guys are like a pretty well organized mob. He sucks as the capo though.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
$5+ gas, runaway inflation--the worst in over 40 years, baby formula shortages, 1 quarter away from a recession, botching Afghanistan, Europe on the edge of WWIII, The Ministry of Truth. But hey, no mean Tweets! :)

jack

LOL you sound like a Tucker Carlson talking point. What gives with that?

% dollar gas is on who? Inflation is on who? Baby formula shortages are on who? We are 1 quarter away from recession why? Who gave up the Kurds to the Taliban again and set the stage for this botched withdrawal again? I could go on, but as an exonomist you would know (justlike back then) that those tax cuts were going to create this inflation. Especially after all the money he printed between 2016-2020.

If you're pointing a finger at someone, don't forget you're pointing at least three back at yourself.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Have you started smoking yet? How much do you drink?

This stuff is insane. My ability to deal w/ any of it has decreased so much.
LOL. Quit smoking in 2008 and haven't had a desire to start again. I do like a sangria every once in awhile and a sweet red when having dinner with my Italian group. Is a few ounces once or twice a month too much?

My travel buddy - the one you met when we were out in Washington a couple of years ago - and I are considering selling out in Texas and moving. I like Port Orchard on the Kitsap Peninsula and she likes Carmel. Both places would be too cold for me in the winter so would need to be a snowbird and get on a cruise ship going south. Is Washington Trump and gun crazy?

Are you still living up in the highlands where you're snowed in during the winter?

jack

When I was in Bellingham last year it was a hippie, college town so no. There is of course a conservative movement but Washington is largely "liberal"

Too many fucking homeless and the weather really sucks most of the time, but Bellingham was lovely.

Mirah

I love you
The homeless situation has gotten worse in the last years.
The west side of the state is liberal, the east side is conservative.

Port Orchard is nice! I know a couple of people out there. Where is Carmel?

I live closer to town now. : ) But still in the same area. Unfortunately I do live on the side that is conservative. But you know what? I am glad. I never knew why or how this side was different than the west side, or from Seattle. I never understood. But they have different needs out here, farmland, rural, fires (more than the west in a "normal" year)
I don't dislike the governer-but he did make a mistake when he came to visit this side and brought homegrown apples across the passes. There are signs all over the place about this-I've seen them since I was a kid-I've known about them forever-it was a slap in the face to the orchard growers. It says he knows nothing of this side of the state and its sad.
So I get why people feel the way they do, but I will not quit being a rainbow loving blm liberal.

She said on Juneteenth.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Yeah - the homeless situation in Seattle was pretty disturbing when we were last there. We have issues in Fort Worth and Dallas too.

The idiotic Texas Republicans just held one of their little shindigs and declared - again - that Biden stole the election from Trump. They just can't believe that more of us still don't want that creep in office.

When we were in Bellingham, the people we saw all looked like hipsters and yuppies. I'd wondered where those people lived and found out.

My favorite place in Washington is still Port Townsend. My tribe was on that pier having a party the evening I got there. Then the next morning when I was out for my walk, the deer came out and walked with me.

I'd always considered myself a middle of the road kind of person but after 2016, I can not bring myself to vote for any Republican. That party has gone right into the crapper.

Looking forward to traveling again. Miss flying someplace, taking a train someplace else, getting on a boat or a ferry to go somewhere else, then driving around in a car looking at stuff we don't have around here.

Carmel is Carmel-by-the-Sea in California. It was pretty chilly there in the summertime. Travel buddy loved it because when we were out on the beach a lost dog came up to her for help finding its person. Travel buddy does dog rescues, adoptions, fosters, and daycare. Whenever we are traveling together and I want to go someplace she doesn't, I find a dog park or animal shelter to park her at for a few hours while I go do what I want.

Travel buddy wants to to go to Idaho and I want to go to Italy and Sicily so don't know when we'll be traveling together again. Would love to get back to Washington though.

Do you ever travel to Texas?

jack

I was just about to mention that to you, having read an article about it. Your state government is nuts. Port Townsend is wonderful. We had a blast all over there. We also went out to San Juan Island one of the days we were there. That was fun.

The Question

Eternal
$5+ gas, runaway inflation--the worst in over 40 years, baby formula shortages, 1 quarter away from a recession, botching Afghanistan, Europe on the edge of WWIII, The Ministry of Truth. But hey, no mean Tweets! :)
Remember, Democratic fuckups are never the fault of the Democrats who commit them. Biden shut down domestic energy production Because Trump. Somehow. Democrat Governors shut down their states and shitcanned the economy during the Kung Flu scare Because Trump. And those eeeevil Red States that didn't, and were basically fine? That's just Trump gaslighting you. Somehow.

jack

How is 5 dollar gas a democratic fuckup?

jack

Oil and gas leases are irrelevant to current production. I hope you know this.

Please explain how the "democrats" are responsible for the world wide concurrent increase in gas at the pump. Its basically doubled everywhere in the world...much more in countries other than ours.

Dems have nothing to do with 5 dollar gas. Last I looked all the heads of the the oil companies in America are Republicans.

Can't have 5 dollar gas without ridiculous corporate profits. Please refer to those balance sheets and....

Let's start there.