Trump, Republicans, Faux Constitutionalists, Evangelicals, Stedfast Church, and a few other things are on my poop list

The Question

Eternal
c28e234cb6a5631f.jpg

eloisel

Forever Empress E
America doesn't choose Trump. We never did. He lost the popular vote in 2016 and he lost both the popular vote and the electoral college in 2020. Too bad the messed up Republicans - bunch of murderous snowflakes - can't handle that their orange dictator-wanna-be isn't worshipped by everyone. We aren't all Evangelical QAnon Guns-Up-Our-Ass Dictator Loving jerkwads. Just when I thought the Republicans couldn't sink any lower, they threatened to murder a 5-month old baby. If you support Trump, then you need to get yourself checked into a mental facility PDQ because you are insane.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I didn't know Peg Bundy could sing. Huh.

It seems to me that in order to be able to act you have to join the Actor's Guild, which involves demonstrating all your talents. In order to act, you not only have to be able to read lines with "feeling" you have to sing, dance and play at least one instrument.

Here's an example:

jack

America doesn't choose Trump. We never did. He lost the popular vote in 2016 and he lost both the popular vote and the electoral college in 2020. Too bad the messed up Republicans - bunch of murderous snowflakes - can't handle that their orange dictator-wanna-be isn't worshipped by everyone. We aren't all Evangelical QAnon Guns-Up-Our-Ass Dictator Loving jerkwads. Just when I thought the Republicans couldn't sink any lower, they threatened to murder a 5-month old baby. If you support Trump, then you need to get yourself checked into a mental facility PDQ because you are insane.

I don't believe for a minute he stands a chance. He'll be in jail before he gets to grift the population at large again.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
And yet there's a collection of geniuses right here on TK who still, for some unfathomable reason, think the biggest con man of the last hundred years was some kind of heroic saviour of America. Probably none of 'em even watching the January 6th hearings because "it's all lies" or some reality-impaired bullshit.

jack

I loves me some truth talking after all the bullshit we've been subjected to for the last few years. ANyone that supports that idiot or thinks he did a good job is entitled to their opinion, but they won't get any agreement out of me. Not that the current installee is any better. The only good thing about Biden is he isn't Trump.

The Question

Eternal
TDS: Conditioned into you by the people trying to condition you to believe that Biden's doing a good job. Well, they're 1 for 2. I guess the second gaslighting has finally fizzled out. They got you good with the first one, though, evidently.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
No, no, you guys are right. $7 gas, record inflation, a cratering stock market and a looming recession, drugs and crime and the brink of WWIII is a small price to pay for getting rid of the Mean Orange Man. :)

jack

TDS: Conditioned into you by the people trying to condition you to believe that Biden's doing a good job. Well, they're 1 for 2. I guess the second gaslighting has finally fizzled out. They got you good with the first one, though, evidently.

I hate to break it to you, but TDS isn't what you think it stands for. Hint: It's Trump Devotional Syndrome. We were first with it. Y'all may have co-opted it...we could care less.

I don't think Biden's doing a good job either. He's too feckless to figure it out and his predecessor fucked things up so much it'll take more than one term to fix it.

jack

No, no, you guys are right. $7 gas, record inflation, a cratering stock market and a looming recession, drugs and crime and the brink of WWIII is a small price to pay for getting rid of the Mean Orange Man. :)

7$ gas = corporate profits. and it's 5 not 7. National avg is currently $5.052 as of 4 pm close today. Gas cost less last time a barrel was this high (100+) and gas was 3.50/gal. The entire world is experiencing record inflation. Did you fucking miss what happened with the pandemic? That's why we're experiencing "record inflation". Drugs and crime have always been a staple of our country. Who's blocking all the gun legislation? There is no "brink of WWIII" either. What's going to happen to Putin if he doesn't die first is he'll be removed from office. he may outnumber Ukraine but he won't win that war.

No one is "right" but your myopia is painful to read. Talk about buying the line.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Those eeeevil corporate fatcats, waiting until Biden got into office to rape the country. Boy, we don't stand a chance, with them playin' the 4d Chess like that. :marathon: Why weren't they greedy when Trump was in office? Why did they wait until Biden killed all new oil exploration and the Keystone XL pipeline? Biden created this mess. He wanted it to happen. But like Afghanistan--and everything else Biden has ever tried in, like, a half century, it didn't turn out the way he thought it would.

The Question

Eternal
Those eeeevil corporate fatcats, waiting until Biden got into office to rape the country. Boy, we don't stand a chance, with them playin' the 4d Chess like that. :marathon: Why weren't they greedy when Trump was in office? Why did they wait until Biden killed all new oil exploration and the Keystone XL pipeline? Biden created this mess. He wanted it to happen. But like Afghanistan--and everything else Biden has ever tried in, like, a half century, it didn't turn out the way he thought it would.
"Nooooo, it's Trump, don'tcha see?! DON'TCHA SEEEEEE?! He waited until he no longer had the capability to do any of these eeeevil things -- and that's when he did 'em! When he couldn't! That's what an evil idiot mastermind he is!"
"And... is this Trump in the room with us now?"

jack

Blaming Biden for Keystone means you've bought that side's bullshit. Like I said you're entitled to your fact less opinion. Doesn't change what's really happening. Keystone delivered CANADIAN SHALE to foreign buyers. All we were were Trumps middlemen for that grift. Get real.

Shale oil? You're bitching about shale oil keeping the price of gas reasonable? Guess you don't know what you're talking about.

And you of all people would know what corporate profits means. Never in the history of this country have so few made so much off the backs of so many.

jack

jack

from RawStory:

"If Merrick Garland truly wants to protect the Department of Justice (DOJ) from political interference and salvage the institution's reputation, then he must charge Donald Trump for his crimes related to his 2020 coup attempt. That's the main takeaway from the House committee to investigate the January 6. It is the message the committee clearly hopes will be heard by the attorney general, and was the underlying message of the committee's fourth hearing on Thursday.

"Imagine if your mayor lost a re-election bid, but instead of conceding the race, they picked up the phone, called the district attorney and said, 'I want you to say this election was stolen,'" Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., explained in his opening statement on Thursday. That is what Trump was doing — but on a much grander scale.

As long as Trump is free to worm his way back into the White House, legally or not, the DOJ is in very real danger of being corrupted in Trump's image.

"Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen," Trump reportedly told the leadership of the Justice Department, according to Donoghue's testimony.

jack

from NYT:

At least half a dozen Republican members of Congress sought pre-emptive pardons from President Donald J. Trump as he fought to remain in office after his defeat in the 2020 election, witnesses have told the House Jan. 6 committee, the panel disclosed on Thursday.

Mr. Trump “had hinted at a blanket pardon for the Jan. 6 thing for anybody,” Mr. Trump’s former head of presidential personnel, Johnny McEntee, testified.

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, appeared to ask for a broad pardon, not limited to his role in Mr. Trump’s effort to reverse the outcome of the election. Mr. Gaetz even invoked the pardoned former President Richard M. Nixon as he did so, Eric Herschmann, a White House lawyer for Mr. Trump, testified.

“He mentioned Nixon, and I said, ‘Nixon’s pardon was never nearly that broad,’” Mr. Herschmann recounted.

Representative Mo Brooks of Alabama sent an email seeking a pre-emptive pardon for all 147 members of Congress who objected to the certification of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s Electoral College win.

A former adviser to Mark Meadows, Cassidy Hutchinson, testified that Mr. Gaetz, Representative Louie Gohmert of Texas, Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Representative Andy Biggs of Arizona all expressed interest in pardons.

She also testified that Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio “talked about” pardons but did not directly ask for one, and that she heard of newly elected Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia also expressing interest to the White House Counsel’s Office.

Taken together, the former White House aides portrayed members of Congress concerned about potential exposure to prosecution in the wake of their support for Mr. Trump’s attempts to stay in power. And the accounts provided an extraordinary, under-penalty-of-perjury portrait of efforts to use a president’s broad clemency powers for nakedly political purposes..