Trying to make a choice.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Between The Movies Game: That is overpriced but something I have wanted for three years or The Two Towers special edition box set that comes with the Gollum statue and is a great collectors piece and very cheap. I do need it since I lent my Two Towers away when I was in the UK and forgot to go retrieve it ages back.

The Movies Game will give me somethig to do while the Two Towers will just sit there looking pretty since I have watched it all loads of times and seen all the extras ect..

I can't be bothered to shell out for both since thats a waste of money. I really am having difficulty deciding.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is The Movies supposed to be good or was it a huge disappointment?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It didn't get the insane 9.5 reviews I was hoping for but it did get 8.5/9.0's, so yeah, it's good if not perfection in motion. It's something I want to get but I opted for The Two Towers Collectors edition. And now I have a very nice Gollum statuette sitting on my computer tower:

gollum.jpg

45 euros is all it cost. Works out at about 33 pounds. (much cheaper than it should be) The same shop I got Voyager Season 1 and the TOS DVD's for 25 euros a piece. Can't go wrong, they go for 70 odd quid usually. TTCE Comes with an extra Gollum booklet with another DVD as well on the creation of the statue and some Weta Digital extras. I'm pretty happy with it, I made the right choice.

CaptainWacky

COUGHGOLLUMCOUGH

beergoggles

I'm not wearing any panties!!
What a sad sorry life you lead when you're torn between which geek-boy movie to buy. You need to get out more.

beergoggles

I guess I could understand your need to stay in, what with the genital herpes outbreak under your eyes and all. That's what comes from unsafe felching.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, thats nice. Did you come up with that all by yourself? You don't know me, I could care less what you think about me, but be quite aware that I have lived 10 times the life you ever will.

beergoggles

Ten times a sad, lonely, vd-ridden existence is nothing to crow about mental-boy. I can come up with these all day long. Problem is that I'm not very inspired. I've dulled my otherwise rapier wit dealing with your ass-partner Sarak.

But yes. I do know you, and the fat man will have much to say when he shivers the very timbers of this place.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The way I see it, Menty is hanging around a board he has posted on for years, with people hes known for years, you on the other hand, are spending your christmas eve trying to wind up someone you dont know very inefectivly.

You dont need to be sherlok to spot out the two which one is appearing the sadder at the moment.

beergoggles

whisky said:
The way I see it, Menty is hanging around a board he has posted on for years, with people hes known for years, you on the other hand, are spending your christmas eve trying to wind up someone you dont know very inefectivly.

You dont need to be sherlok to spot out the two which one is appearing the sadder at the moment.

I'm here to spread the joy of the season. Mental has no where else to go.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
There you go again making out like you know me. You don't, and no matter how much you wish you did it just isn't the case. But continue all you like, I'm still waiting for this "rapier like wit" to make a late appearance.

beergoggles

Hahaha, I know you and all those like you. Sorry little geeks that never grew out of their adolescent fantasies of power and influence. Disappointed by real life, you retreat to your sorry little fantasies where ugly fat chicks pretend to be princesses and zit-ridden losers like yourself refer to each other as Captain and Your Majesty while you stuff twinkies in your faces.

I know you well. Your type is known around the globe. You are the ones we picked on in grade school.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You're funny. First off: Calling me a geek is not an insult. I am a "geek", you're a gimp. We are what we are. But you really should stop preaching. I can assure you that I don't fit your quaint little sterotypical bullshit.

If you had tried picking on me in grade school I would of stabbed you in the neck and had people that would make you turn into a gibbering wreck smash your house up you fucking twat.

Now, unless you have something a little more interesting in your feeble repertoire I suggest you go find something else to do with your time.

CaptainWacky

beergoggles said:
Hahaha, I know you and all those like you. Sorry little geeks that never grew out of their adolescent fantasies of power and influence.

Talking about yourself there?