Twin Peaks (2017)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah that Log Lady scene was pretty upsetting for a number of reasons. I don't know if you can even call it great acting when she was dying for real recording that.

It's hard to know what to think of the Phillip Jeffries bit. Dougie's scene was exciting but I bet he's still just Dougie next week.

Green Glove guy could probably break out of jail any time he wanted (but that would be dishonourable.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Bringing Bowie back as a giant kettle is something he probably would have approved of.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Bringing Bowie back as a giant kettle is something he probably would have approved of.

The coordinate numbers floating in the light really reminded me of something from a Grant Morrison comic.

Hell, the whole episode did.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He's BACK, baby!

And yes, looking forward to Coop #3! Maybe he'll take out Evil Coop!

Also looking forward to a Greetings from Team Coop thread!

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Playing EVE Online last night. Just got a new ship for relic hunting, and named it Audrey's Dance.

CaptainWacky

Dale Cooper is the hero the world needs.

So is the real Diane the eyeless woman in the sheriff's station?

I hope Candi is going to Twin Peaks too.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Wow. Just... fucking... WOW.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
16 was great. 17 was a bucket of WTF. How long was that fucking car ride... 20 minutes?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
16 was great. 17 was a bucket of WTF. How long was that fucking car ride... 20 minutes?
The fucking was about 3 minutes (the length of the Platters' "My Prayer"). All the car rides totaled about 1/3 to 1/2 of the episode.

Um, are they planning on making any more? This wasn't even much of a cliffhanger. The story just ended in mid-WTF.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Part 17 was like the finale everyone wanted with an awesome coming together of all the good guys to punch BOB to death (and Candie made enough sandwiches!)

Part 18 was like a deconstruction of Agent Cooper showing what happens when you try to change the timeline and the futility of trying to live in the past and the need to accept death.

But yeah I don't understand why they were "Richard and Linda" now and I'm not sure I like the idea that Cooper and Diana apparently had this secret plan all along(?) and Gordon knew about Judy all along but never mentioned it before. And I didn't excpet them to answer all the questions of course but I was surprised there was no appearance by Audrey at all.

Was disappointed not to get more of Shelly but I guess she'll just keep dating evil magicians forever.

So even after the timeline was altered (the new) Dougie still ended up back with Janey-E and Sonny Jim? That's one happy ending at least.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Hopefully the Dougie that was made from good Cooper will be less of a cheating, gambling arsehole than the one made from evil cooper.

CaptainWacky

The way he repeated "...home" made it seem like he's going to be more like the simple minded Cooper Dougie.

Last edited: