U.S. citizenship test no longer a 'trivial' pursuit

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/13/citizenship.test.ap/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- In an effort to make the citizenship exam more meaningful, the federal government said Monday it will test an exam that relies less on trivia and more on an applicants' grasp of American democracy.

The new exam will be given to volunteers beginning this winter in Albany, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Charleston, South Carolina; Denver, Colorado; El Paso, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Miami, Florida; San Antonio, Texas; Tucson, Arizona; and Yakima, Washington.

The current test is heavy on historical facts and includes questions about the colors of the U.S. flag and the name of the form used to apply for citizenship. The new exam will ask about the Bill of Rights and the meaning of democracy.

How about we test them to see if they have a basic fucking grasp of the english language before we even let then in the country?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Well, my first question...and you touched on this point... is: will there be an alternative version en espanol?

Tyrant

Sarek said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/13/citizenship.test.ap/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- In an effort to make the citizenship exam more meaningful, the federal government said Monday it will test an exam that relies less on trivia and more on an applicants' grasp of American democracy.

The new exam will be given to volunteers beginning this winter in Albany, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Charleston, South Carolina; Denver, Colorado; El Paso, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Miami, Florida; San Antonio, Texas; Tucson, Arizona; and Yakima, Washington.

The current test is heavy on historical facts and includes questions about the colors of the U.S. flag and the name of the form used to apply for citizenship. The new exam will ask about the Bill of Rights and the meaning of democracy.

How about we test them to see if they have a basic fucking grasp of the english language before we even let then in the country?
It's rather racist of you to post this, you know.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Messenger said:
It's rather racist of you to post this, you know.

Why?

If I were to move to a foreign country I'm going to have a pretty hard time if I don't make an effort to learn the language aren't I?

Yet here, we say "No problem, we'll accommodate you. Never mind that our entire system is based around the English language. Give me a minute and I'll be back with a translator so your attorney can understand you!"

Tyrant

Sarek said:
Why?

If I were to move to a foreign country I'm going to have a pretty hard time if I don't make an effort to learn the language aren't I?
But the Mexican situation is different. They are brown people who are coming here for a better life, just like we let Nigerians come here for a better life and give preference to these poor brown people.. America is about letting everyone in so that they can... so that they can be let in. That's what America is all about, letting others in.

Are you letting just black people in to do your dirty work, Sarek? That smacks of racism to me. Racism because it's the black immigrants who do the dishes in the country while the while citizens do not. Think about that for a moment. While third world people are imported to do the jobs that Americans won't do, Americans call for them to be cast out, or at least pay the taxes that American citizens do on a daily basis.

Clear racism, and you are a clear racist. If you were not a racist, like me, you would approve of letting as many third world citizens come into this country as possible and work for the lowest possible slave wages the forefathers of this country worked to abolish. America is all about letting the little man move the pyramid, and America would be more successful if it let every single brown-skinned diseased criminal into its borders to work as a normal citizen would, as we really hope they would and not take advantage of us gringos. Trust in the darker-skinned ones.

Yet here, we say "No problem, we'll accommodate you. Never mind that our entire system is based around the English language. Give me a minute and I'll be back with a translator so your attorney can understand you!"
What is the problem with you? America has always been about letting every rotten, stinking, HIV and Ebola-carrying piece of shit into our nation. Just because Nmbaba is here illegaly doesn't mean he hasn't the same rights as an ordinary citizen.

Are you trying to say that because Nmbaba is from Africa that he should be screened for AIDS? You damn racist.

Tyrant

Sarek said:
So what???? You're white.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Oh shut the fuck up Messy. I'm not going to fall into one of your little round robin debates. You've got Ogami for that shit.

Tyrant

Oh you took that quite seriously or you were unsure LOL? Perhaps at your core you really are a guilty little whiteboy?

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Messenger said:
Oh you took that quite seriously or you were unsure LOL? Perhaps at your core you really are a guilty little whiteboy?

Let's just say I remain weary of your motives in just about everything.

Tyrant

I doubt you're a careful student of mine. If you were you'd know my stance on this issue.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Messenger said:
I doubt you're a careful student of mine. If you were you'd know my stance on this issue.

I know your "stance" on this issue.

However, I've sensed a certain boredom with Ogami emanating from you. It wouldn't surprise me if you did a sudden 180 in the pursuit of new "fish".