Upgrade Shenanigans

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It's getting so much like old times I'm starting to annoy myself.

I have decided that VB4's styling system is fucking whack and to get a faithful updated TK theme (and nothing else will do) is going to mean rewriting the code base to get columns where I want them and about a million other things on top of that (this=fucking hard). That will probably end up breaking a lot of mods and so on..

For that reason I'm bringing us back to an updated version of VB3.8 which so far is slapping the shit out of VB4.

We're on 3.8.7 right now having upgraded from 3.8.1 (This is a good thing)

I am going to continue working on TKVB4 over the holidays but I am far from convinced it is right for this board. 3.8 just has a far better style base to work from. Why vBulletin changed it I don't know.

So yeah, this has been a bit of a pain in the ass and we have lost all the posts since yesterday since we're working on different databases *groan* but I promise that things will quiten down until I make a final decision on whether we go to VB4 or stay with 3.8 or until VB do something better with Stylevars. That won't be until well in to the new year because I am a busy bee but I will continue to upgrade 3.8 over the coming days (this will be FAR less intrusive than the reboot we almost went through) and continue to work on TKVB4 in a test environment (that means it doesn't effect any of you)

So yeah... WELCOME BACK.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I think you made the right decision. VB4 is geared more for more social networking and business type stuff (And I got a look at the nightmare admins cp a while back....yipes). All we need is a place to spam and a working arcade.

Go find something festive to drink and watch some old Star Trek.

;)
mm

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
thanks

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I am very appreciative of your work, yet reserve the right to be sneery and dismissive at some later point if it provides some mild entertainment / distraction.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
You might want to consider going to a different package altogether. IPB is extremely solid and XenForum, which is run by people like Keirs who left vB because of the crap they were pulling with 4, shows a great deal of promise.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Allow me to be the first to blame Hambil for this. I am certain it is his fault in some way.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
You're all cunts.