Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The OA season 2 is really good!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Glad to hear it. The trailer looks really promising, but very difficult to get an idea of what to expect.

CaptainWacky

I mean it's still weird as fuck. There's a scene with a giant squid (yes really) that has to be seen to be believed. And the ending is even weirder and more hilarious than the dance-off ending of season one. But it is compelling!

CaptainWacky

What are the good new shows to watch on Netflix right now? I'm really losing track. They seem to add like at least two new shows every Friday now. I see a trailer for something new, think "maybe I'll watch that some day" but then the next day I go back it's a new trailer for yet another new show and I forget the other one. I used to check The A.V. Club for reviews of new shows but they hardly review anything new anymore (just stuff they've been reviewing for years.) So I don't know what's good. There's too much content.

Mirah

I love you
I have lost track too. I forget what I was waiting for.

I just started watching "Dead to Me" Which I thought was some grief thing, but it has turned out to be something much different. But also not different from other wierd shows in the same genre, so there is that.

Mirah

I love you
Well now I'm finsished with Season 1 of Dead to Me. Fuck me. Fuck me and the good horse that you rode in on. FUck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Anyone know if Manifest is still on?

CaptainWacky

What are the good new shows to watch on Netflix right now? I'm really losing track. They seem to add like at least two new shows every Friday now. I see a trailer for something new, think "maybe I'll watch that some day" but then the next day I go back it's a new trailer for yet another new show and I forget the other one. I used to check The A.V. Club for reviews of new shows but they hardly review anything new anymore (just stuff they've been reviewing for years.) So I don't know what's good. There's too much content.

I started watching The Society on the slow pace (the "lying in bed unable to move" pace) af few days ago after weeks of resisting. I feel like Netflix wore me down until I had no choice but to watch. Its trailer seemed to stay at the top of the page longer than other shows and I kept getting it recommended by email or after watching anything. And I keep seeing its star Kathryn Newton everywhere online, being promoted as the new young actress everyone needs to know about (and you know I'm interested in them.) The premise is interesting (all the adults in a rich town disappear and the teenagers have to restart society) but it's probably aimed at YOUNG PEOPLE so being old I find the characters a bit annoying (good looking "teenagers" actually played by twenty somethings.) I feel like Netflix basically engineered a scenario where it was easier just to start watching it than to not watch it. That is my Netflix update.

Mirah

I love you
I have begun watching "The IT Crowd"
And I thought I would not like it
but I do
I like it very much.

CaptainWacky

It's okay. No Father Ted.

CaptainWacky

They cancelled The OA. :(

Mirah

I love you
I don't even know what to watch right now between Hulu and Netflix, everything is on hold, I don't feel like starting something new, I am being grumpy and complainy.

Mirah

I love you
Now I'm on "New Girl"

Fuck
Why
why
why
There must be something better to watch

Mirah

I love you
I have begun watching "The IT Crowd"
And I thought I would not like it
but I do
I like it very much.
It's okay. No Father Ted.

Today I came home for lunch from work like I usually do and I realized that my lunches are not the same without the IT Crowd. So then I looked for my "IT Crowd" thread, but I cannot find it and probably never made one-but now I get to bump all of the REALLY OLD IT CROWD THREADS FROM A LONG TIME AGO!

Mirah

I love you
Also, now my Netflix almost always only consists of me watching some stand up comedian and liking most of it (them).

Watching Simon Amstell now and watched They Ready.

Oh! And Sky Ladder-The art of Cai Guo-Qiang. Documentary. Really awesome. I recommend it.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Archer season 10 is pretty good, but there's a moment at the end that just reminds you that the show was better when it wasn't all a coma dream. Next season is the last one.

CaptainWacky

So after being unimpressed by the first episode of Carnival Row on Amazon I switched to Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix. I don't really remember if I ever watched the original Dark Crystal movie. I vaguely remember possibly seeing it and being scared of it or something. Anyway apparently it isn't very good so never mind that. I watched the first episdoe of Age of Resistance out of curiousity and actually enjoyed it! First of all it's just amazingly impressive that it's all real practial puppets and not CGI. It really transfers you to another land. It's quite magical! The voice acting was good which was lucky since I didn't really now what was gong on most of the time. Basically it left me wishing we had stuff as good as this when I was a child instead of whatever crap we got (yes tv shows are better now, deal with it.) I'd definitely recommend it over Carnival Row unless you really don't want to watch a weird kids show with puppets!

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts