Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I finally watched (season one of) The End of the F***cking World. It was really good, as people said. The two lead actors were excellent. I shouldn't have let the name put me off for two years I guess.

Love Child

One Love
I'm not sure if I want to watch it either.

Just started watching Zombie on Netflix, says its 2019, anyone else watch t?

CaptainWacky

There's a whole thread about it.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I want to see Adria Arjona in something (after Good Omens) but not sure if I can get in the mood to watch a Michael Bay movie ever again.

I Love Cunt

Watch It
I watched A Christmas Carol (2019) on Hulu last night.
Next to the Jesus story, this is one of my favorite Christmas stories and I love the way it was done, despite what the critics are saying that it was too dark.
Whatever.

CaptainWacky

I'm watching Lost in Space season 2. The special effects are good.

CaptainWacky

Titans season two is up and I kind of want to see Iain Glen as Batman, but I can't remember anything about season one except it probably wasn't very good.

Mirah

I love you
I am going to watch winners and things that were mentoned from the Golden Globes.
Already knocked off The Irishman.
I mean, I didn't knock em off. I watched it.

CaptainWacky

I've watched episode one and most of episode two of The Witcher and I don't know yet. I don't like the main character much (so far)? The way he talks is a bit dull? The Bard character is annoying as fuck? The hunchback witch girl seemed more interesting though. I assume it's a thing that gets better as it goes on?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I watched The Witcher and it was good. You should watch The Witcher.
It is good. The time jumps are a bit annoying and confusing but I liked the bard and the singing and Henry Cavill makes a better Witcher than a Superman.

CaptainWacky

I watched The Witcher and it was good. You should watch The Witcher.
I've watched episode one and most of episode two of The Witcher and I don't know yet. I don't like the main character much (so far)? The way he talks is a bit dull? The Bard character is annoying as fuck? The hunchback witch girl seemed more interesting though. I assume it's a thing that gets better as it goes on?
It is good. The time jumps are a bit annoying and confusing but I liked the bard and the singing and Henry Cavill makes a better Witcher than a Superman.

Having watched the whole season now I did end up liking it. I guess I just had to get used to Geralt's voice because it didn't bother me much after the first couple of episodes. I didn't find the different timelines all that confusing after the wedding episode, where it became clear what was going on, but the actual huge time jumps were a bit annoying because it wasn't even clear how much time had gone by. Like we see Yennefer's origins and then we see her become hot, then the next time we see her it's...decades later? I think? But it's hard to know since it isn't mentioned at first and she looks the same age. It's only in a later episode she's talking about serving (whoever it was she served) for decade that I realised we missed decades of her life. It would be nice to have some idea of how old she is and all the stuff she got up to in that time. I also assume Geralt spent years becoming a legend after the first episode (where everyone hated him) and the Bard spread tale of his deeds, but that's another thing that was kind of glossed over and we never got any flashbacks to that missed time. Anyway it was good yeah

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Last night I watched the wedding ep of The Witcher. I found the first three episodes pretty confusing, but after I realized some of it was taking place in the past, and some in the present (I think) I was less confused. THE WITCHER IS HOT, OKAY.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
FINALLY FINISHED THE WITCHER. I'm glad Geralt found Ciri but it sure took long enough :rwmad: