Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I watched the awkwardly titled Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga. The Will Ferrell Eurovision comedy. It was pretty good. Rachel McAdams was great in it, she's a really awesome comedy actor and totally adorable. I'd watch her in ANY comedy film okay Hollywood? The always reliable Dan Stevens was funny too. One thing about it though is Ferrell is actually a big Eurovision fan and obviously wanted to treat the whole thing with respect rather than making fun of it. So most of the songs are played straight and come across like actual Eurovision songs (though maybe with funnier lyrics.) The result is there's a bit in the middle where for about ten minutes it just feels like you're watching Eurovisio (complete with Graham Norton!) and that's fine because it's well done but it's not particuarly funny. The whole movie was a bit too long, really, with some of the scenes dragging. But I did like it! McAdams is McGreatams.

It was weird how Eurovision was being hosted in Scotland, which would mean the UK won the previous year (which would never happen!) yet they still included a joke about how everyone hates the UK and they'll get no points.

Also weird that the guy who played a cop in Fortitude appeared in it as a cop again but I know I'm the only person in the world who watched Fortitude (or maybe Will Ferrell did too?)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
There were funny parts.
Yeah and some serious parts. I saw in a behind the scenes video that he's a fan of the actual Eurovison Song Contest, so I think he tried to treat the subject matter with respect for the most part.

whisky

Boobie inspector
His wife got him into it, he's been researching this film for years.

CaptainWacky

Also the arena they used is in Glasgow rather than Endinburgh, but I guess you could say in the reality of this movie they built an identical one in Edinburgh.

Love Child

One Love
Today I discovered "Down to Earth" with Zac Efron.
Cool series. First one was on Icland of all places!!!! They can cook their bread and eggs in the ground!

CaptainWacky

Was Anna Kendrick in it.

Love Child

One Love
It doesn't appear that she is. And the reviews are all, "Oh Zac is just a hunk and has nothing substantial to say"

So there is that.

I ENJOYED IT JUST FINE! Not everything has to be so serious! Sheesh!

It is all up in the air!!!

CaptainWacky

I watched The Old Guard which I think I can best describe as Charlize Theron leading an immortal A-Team. It was pretty good. The fights scenes were very good and if you like Charlize Theron looking tough and shooting people there's plenty of that. It's obviously setting up a new franchise for Netflix and hey why not let Netflix have a franchise. I would recommend it if you like action movies and Charlize Theron but not if you don't like lots of people being shot.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Netlfix won't let its TV shows go beyond 3 seasons. Will they allow their "movie franchises" to go beyond 1 film?

CaptainWacky

Most of the shows Netflix cancels are shows they don't own wholly, whereas I assume they have total control over something like The Old Guard. (Or so I read once, I haven't researched it thoroughly, bonc!)

Mirah

I love you
I just started watching The Crown. ANYONE WATCH IT?

WHY WaTCH IT WHEN WE LIVED IT?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I keep meaning to watch it because it's supposed to be SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. Someday.

I liked Jenna Coleman in Victoria.

CaptainWacky

I'll watch this because I like Anya Taylor-Joy. It looks really dramatic for a show about a chess prodigy.

CaptainWacky

Is this Cobra Kai thing worth watching, or do people only like it because they remember liking the Karate Kid? I did watch Karate Kid when I was young, but all I remember is "crane kick" and "wax on, wax off" and I have absolutely no nostalgic affection towards it and am going to need this to be a worthwhile show in its own right.

Chuckles51

I started the second season of Dark, I need to finish the series but it takes some time since I watch it with the original German and have to read the subtitles.

CaptainWacky

Is this Cobra Kai thing worth watching, or do people only like it because they remember liking the Karate Kid? I did watch Karate Kid when I was young, but all I remember is "crane kick" and "wax on, wax off" and I have absolutely no nostalgic affection towards it and am going to need this to be a worthwhile show in its own right.

I've watched the first three episods and it's good! You don't have to remember anything about a 35 year old movie as it shows you what you need in flashbacks. I like how it shows things from the point of view of the character who would be considered the "villain" if you were seeing it from Daniel's point of view, and how he you still want him to succeed even though he's obviously doing things wrong. The kids are okay in an updated eighties movie kids kind of way. And it's pretty funny.