Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Yes literally everyone's already said this is The End of the Fucking World crossed with Stranger Things but I'll still watch it.

CaptainWacky

I saw an early review that made it sound a lot better than season one, so I'll probably watch it. Though I can't even actually remember anything about season one, it feels like it was five years ago.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I remember the best episode was when they main guy was played by someone else and I remember Dichen Lachman having a naked fight for 10 minutes.

I wonder how the main actor from season one feels about being recast.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the first two episodes of The Witcher (and will probably watch a couple more tonight) and I enjoyed it a lot but was quite surprised how unfriendly it was for people who are not familiar with the lore. I appreciate shows that try and keep the exposition to a minimum but I think it could have used a bit more in establishing the world, because I can see how it would be quite confusing if you don't know anything about the Nilfgaardian Empire or who Ciri, Yennefer, Dandelion are, etc especially with the timelines of their origin stories spanning decades.

Cavill looks so much better in the show than in the promotional material as Geralt and seems perfectly cast (something I was unsure of) so that's good!

CaptainWacky

Yeah I found The Witcher hard to get into in the first episode as I found Geralt a bit dull and didn't know what he was going on about. I thought Yennefer introduction was much better (though I had frustrations with her story when they seemed to skip huge chunks of it.) I got into it a lot more as it went on.

I remember the best episode was when they main guy was played by someone else and I remember Dichen Lachman having a naked fight for 10 minutes.

Oh yeah I remember the naked fight. :sarek:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad to see the hotel hologram guy is coming back for season 2!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I started season 2. It’s much easier to follow than I found season 1. Anthony Mackie’s a better actor, too. He manages to still be reasonably brooding but also have identifiable emotions. And there’s a nice guest appearance for Stargate fans.

CaptainWacky

I liked seeing Misty Knight from Luka Cage in it too and Poe is still a lot of fun.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I finally watched the 1st one. It was good, and I am also glad Misty Knight is in it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Just finished episode 3. I'M SO GLAD POE HAS A GF NOW.

CaptainWacky

They should have AI babies.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Ep 4 is super bloody and gory!

CaptainWacky

I finished the season. It was good, I think easier to follow than season one and with less boring spots. There was a lot of fun action and all the characters had a reason to be there. Poe and Dig were adorable together, of course. I did notice it maybe felt a bit smaller than season one? Like I remember season one had some huge fight scene on a flying thing and I thought "wow that must have cost a lot to film" after. Maybe they had a slightly lower budget I don't now. It didn't look cheap or anything so I'm not complaining, just saying! I'm also still not quite sure what the "Elders" really are. But yeah I'll watch season 3 in two and a half years or whatever.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I’m only up to episode three but I agree it feels much easier to follow. I wasn’t sure if it was just because I was paying more attention or if they’d made it simpler. I guess they’ve got used to clearly establishing who’s who which I found an issue in the first season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Grrrr! Episode 5 ends on a cliffhanger.

I LOVE POE.

Mirah

I love you
I don' t even know what to watch now. I have no energy to search for shows. I see lots of great shows mentioned and I can't even lift the remote to look.

Mirah

I love you
I ended up watching Harriet last night on Amazon Prime. I am finishing it up today, on the day of her death, which I didn't realize until I saw it posted by someone. It is also our states voting day.
Anyway I recommend watching this movie.

CaptainWacky

I don' t even know what to watch now. I have no energy to search for shows. I see lots of great shows mentioned and I can't even lift the remote to look.

Watch Lady Bird. (It's a movie though.)

Mirah

I love you
I like movies.
Sometimes I almost prefer a movie to a series. I will check it out. Thanks!

Mirah

I love you
Funny, I was looking for Lady Bird on Netflix, but didn't find it, but it is on Amazon! I was shocked you recommended something for Amazon.

I am 1/4 through, it is the part where they say, "I love you" and I just want to stop it there. It is perfect. I don't want anything bad to happen. Will anything bad happen?