WandaVision

The Question

Eternal
34DDenied.

Also, are we going to talk about how Paul Bettany trolled the convulsive fuck out of the leaker/spoiler boiz? 'Cause that deserves a TrollKingdom nod of respect.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
158723722_4245539938793923_3598392779715373857_n.jpg

jack

157937115_10219205367139969_3752014696547100862_n.jpg

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I was buying the West Coast Avengers every month when the story arc that the series partially adapts was in the comic. I have to say, after a slow start to the series, it more than exceeded any expectations I had for it, and managed to better the comic by removing some of the more hokey aspects (and indeed near impossible to adapt to screen). In the last couple of episodes Elizabeth Olsen, and particularly Paul Bettany were outstanding.

That last episode did more for the character of Vision than any movie or episode before it. Paul Bettany has always been a good actor, since I first saw him in an episode of Sharpe years ago, but he has added much more to the synthezoid than many comics have managed - he's added pathos. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how both characters can be taken forward from here, as they both now have more depth to them, plus the Scarlet Witch's internal conflict with her powers and actions are going to be well worth watching, I hope.

If anyone is interested in reading the origins of the TV series, it's like a blend of parts of The House of M and largely Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers from Issue, say 42 to 61 (with some issues between that don't have much narrative in the overall run).

jack

My favorite role of Bettany's was in "The Knight's Tale"

SAUSAGEMAN

If anyone is interested in reading the origins of the TV series, it's like a blend of parts of The House of M and largely Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers from Issue, say 42 to 61 (with some issues between that don't have much narrative in the overall run).
I thought this was House of M at first too, but having finished the series, It's kinda feeling to me like this was the setup to House of M, and that they're going to do that story later. Right now, we've got "Wanda is able to warp reality in a limited way", "she created kids and lost them", and "she's learning to use her magic". That's all Vision + Scarlet Witch, West Coast Avengers stuff. I thought that her getting haunted by the kids in the post-credit sequence was promising that Avengers Disassembled/House of M would come down the line.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Does anyone prefer a series to a movie at this point?

I guess it depends how well the next two shows do, but if this is the future of marvel I don't mind it.

CaptainWacky

I thought this was House of M at first too, but having finished the series, It's kinda feeling to me like this was the setup to House of M, and that they're going to do that story later. Right now, we've got "Wanda is able to warp reality in a limited way", "she created kids and lost them", and "she's learning to use her magic". That's all Vision + Scarlet Witch, West Coast Avengers stuff. I thought that her getting haunted by the kids in the post-credit sequence was promising that Avengers Disassembled/House of M would come down the line.

It's also VAGUELY similar to Tom King's recent Vision series. In that it has Vision living in a normal house with a family. Like I said, VAGUELY similar. Actually that's what I'd like to see White Vision do next: go off and create a robot wife and children (and dog) in an attempt to understand human emotions. Then everything goes horribly wrong.

Also that book is excellent and I'd highly recommend it.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος

Absolutely, the effects of Vision and the kids disintegrating into blocks inside the illusion was right out of House of M, and as far as I feel, a pointer towards it. It's highly likely if they choose to go down that route it could be a catalyst to Avengers Disassembled, but that will be a LOT of unhappy story telling!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος

I guess it depends how well the next two shows do, but if this is the future of marvel I don't mind it.

There's definitely something to said for the serial approach - far more time to flesh out and establish a character, however this current series wasn't without it's flaws. The first three episodes I really struggled to get through, but I persisted simply curious to see how they chose to unravel it. It was quite the revelation just how quickly the pace picked up. I couldn't put up with too many redundant episodes in an episode arc though. Perhaps stick to 5-6, it may be enough.

SAUSAGEMAN

Like I've said, not super enthused about BuckyFalcon, but I am absolutely stoked for Hawkeye. They seem to be pulling from a run in the comics in which Hawkeye actually has a personality, they've got Kate Bishop and the Kate/Clint relationship is great, I'm all about it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I had a theory just before the final episode that I didn't share.

I imagined a senaro where it would be a three against three stand off in the street witch against witch, vision against vision, and Pietro against Monica, then just as it was at its most tense, DDarcy would crash her van into Pietro and say " you didn't see that coming!"

I never said anything because I considered it too corny, but I wasn't a million miles off, she just rammed her car into the wrong douchbag.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I watched civil war again tonight, noticed at the end Wanda had a mutant ability dampening collar like in Deadpool 2.

Kind have makes you wonder how something like that would exist in a world without mutants.

CaptainWacky

I guess Tony created a collar that could dampen her powers in case she ever went evil (or he did.)

Mirah

I love you
Seen the second, they are good, but this would make a very strange entry point to anyone who was new to marvel.

Got to watch this tonight wth my sisters, we don't have that much knowledge of marvel and it was still enjoyable. I might have to watch it a couple of times to get all of the references and read this thread and other things, but it was still enjoyable.

The Question

Eternal
I watched civil war again tonight, noticed at the end Wanda had a mutant ability dampening collar like in Deadpool 2.

Kind have makes you wonder how something like that would exist in a world without mutants.

Holy shit, I never noticed -- just looked, and you're right, she is. Exactly what that is, too. So, basically, the MCU and the XMU are already canonically linked.

CaptainWacky

Got to watch this tonight wth my sisters, we don't have that much knowledge of marvel and it was still enjoyable. I might have to watch it a couple of times to get all of the references and read this thread and other things, but it was still enjoyable.

I think they explain most things you need to know, and even if not, Lizzie Olsen and Paul Bettany give really strong lead performances which stand on their own.

CaptainWacky