Watched War Of The Worlds

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was good. Why did it get bad reviews? Just because it's not cool to like anything involving Cruise and/or Speilberg?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I think that was it. Cruise actually palyed his part very well and if you watch it as nothing more than a good fun popcorn flick then I can't see how one would be able to slate it.

CaptainWacky

It owned when he beat Tim Robbins to death.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
*GASP*
WACKY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??????

SPOILAGE, PEOPLES!!!

yes, I've admitted before that I could never give Tomfool Cruise a fair review ...

I liked the robots in Sky Pilot better though! (although the movie itself is cotton candy)... Angelina Jolie as the Air Force Commander - with debonair eye patch - was a scene-stealer, as usual!

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Sky Captain was the shit.

curiousa2z

oops, I meant to write Sky Captain - of course the edit time's up-

And to think I nearly didn't watch it - thought it was a kid's cartoon.

Gwynyth Paltrow was irritating until she punched Jude- whatsis at the end, however.

SPOILER! DON'T READ THE ABOVE SENTENCE IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE FILM!

CaptainWacky

IF someone hasn't seen WOTW then I was JOKING above and that's not really a spoiler.

CaptainWacky

The one thing that annoyed me in WOTW was that his son was still alive at the end.

(JOKE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and why did he run off to play commando instead of staying with his damn family? They made that a huge dramatic scene and there was no point. He didn't even have a gun, not that it would have made a blind bit of difference.

CaptainWacky

I think he was just drawn to the carnage, like a moth to a flame. Or something.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Spielberg is SO Disney whipped.
He can't just fuckin' KILL someone, it always has to be a fucking "nice" Disney ending.

curiousa2z

^re menty's analogy:akkk!
...but it was a pointless plot line.
and, yeah, the masses want a Disney ending is likely why.

JUST JOKING IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I have never liked Speilberg. His attitute just comes across a little up himself to me. He does know what he's doing in the Directors chair though. Crative story points are an ENTIRELY different story.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Yopu better let that cat out of your AV, I think it's eaten some radio-active mice.

CaptainWacky

STILL IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Were there any guns, or did everyone (including the aliens) just carry menacing-looking walkie talkies?