Welcome, Wordforgers...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It's a frustrating place to talk politics. Because nobody really cares. Threads that would go on for days and days and days in other forums will get 1 or 2 replies if you're lucky. Eventually I just gave up and stuck to silliness. And anyone that wants solely to talk about politics eventually gives up and leaves.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Oh I hear you there. I just got bored with the whole political thing in recent years because things are so polarized now. If you're not far left or far right then you're some sort of enemy it seems. Always been a moderate here, though right-leaning on economic issues and left-leaning on social issues. A small L libertarian or constitutionalist I suppose. There's no room for that anymore, so fuck 'em.

Oerdin

Oh I hear you there. I just got bored with the whole political thing in recent years because things are so polarized now. If you're not far left or far right then you're some sort of enemy it seems. Always been a moderate here, though right-leaning on economic issues and left-leaning on social issues. A small L libertarian or constitutionalist I suppose. There's no room for that anymore, so fuck 'em.

The polarization is sadly real and it is toxic as hell to forum communities. Everyone ends up self segregating and declaring the other side is pure evil while attacking anyone who dares to question orthodoxy.

Mirah

I love you
Ooh! Good point! Blackfoot is like teh Baba. If teh Baba lived on lead paint chips, huffing glue, and being repeatedly hit on the head with a 2x4. But we all love him. :)

Stargard used to post here-I think that name is correct. He reminded me of Baba, and I think used to quote Baba. I can almost handle that more than I can handle the whole blackfoot shtick.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The polarization is sadly real and it is toxic as hell to forum communities. Everyone ends up self segregating and declaring the other side is pure evil while attacking anyone who dares to question orthodoxy.
The funny thing is, when you joined, I used to refer to you as Liet Lite and said that when he came back (for a bit) you no longer served any purpose. Now you're viewed as an arch-conservative over There and people like RickDeckard, who used to be the extreme Left are moderate centrists.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
My old nick over there was brudder1967, and I know I had an account here before but it must have gotten purged so here I am. I’ve been hanging out on a conspiracy board for a while but wanted to find out how everyone has been doing here!!

Damn, it's been a long time since I've seen brudder1967 around, glad you're still alive and kicking.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
When you showed up as "Chuckles" I thought maybe you were Chuck, who got run off WF because he made fun of RickDeckard. (Or was that Clyde? The one who was a moderator and one of the nicest, most level-headed guys you could want. But Brudder is also definitely welcome.)

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I'm glad to see some more people coming over. This place was getting lonely.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Seems to only be highway and blackfoot that don't understand that. And those that don't post here.

Sometimes I wish I could discuss politics with people here, sometimes we do, sometimes I am glad we don't and sometimes I am glad it tends to be more light hearted.

You know, it's pretty odd. Somehow this place still has a bad reputation after nearly 20 years, but the irony is that the whole Troll Kingdom moniker was mostly sort of a joke because a select few people were tossed out of TrekBBS by overzealous moderators who wouldn't recognize real trolling if they tried. I think the fact that they made Enterpriser a moderator there for years spells that out pretty clearly. And sure, we've managed to collect a fine assortment of nutjobs and weirdos over the years but they're pretty easily ignored without the need for banning. Funny that.

As for the people who like to shit on this place and don't post here, welp. Some people won't post anywhere that they can't control the narrative.

Knight Templar

One of the few things I find annoying about the activity in the Red Room at Wordforge since my banning is they keep claiming that I was warned 33 times since 2012. I don't remember anything like being warned that many times. I thought when you were warned they were supposed to send you an email or personal message announcing it. I remember nothing like 33 of them. And I would bet if I still could sign on there and bring up my personal messaging history that there would not be 33 warnings.

Oh well.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Frankly, the very idea that they have an elaborate warning system over there is pretty fucking stupid. I thought that was the sort of shit they were trying to escape when they fled the Evil Empire, but no. They had to go and recreate it, but this time it would be different! Because Lisa wasn't there! Well I guess we can see how that all turned out.

Oerdin

The funny thing is, when you joined, I used to refer to you as Liet Lite and said that when he came back (for a bit) you no longer served any purpose. Now you're viewed as an arch-conservative over There and people like RickDeckard, who used to be the extreme Left are moderate centrists.

The thing is most of my positions have not changed. I am still about where Obama’s platform was in 2008 minus a few minor issues (like how I think there shouldn’t be a minimum wage). It is just that the left has become so much more extreme and deranged while I remain center left on social issues and center right on economic issues.

I didn’t leave the Democratic Party but they are leaving me. I mean now we have A.O.C. saying prisons should be abolished, that all police are bastards, and that borders should be entirely open. Oh, and then there is the nonsense about free welfare for everyone even if they just don’t want to work. How can you give everyone free everything and have an open border so that billions can just walk in for free stuff. It is nonsensical.