WHAT AM I SUDDENLY SEASONALLY ALLERGIC TO IN THIS HOUSE!?!?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Seriously. This time a year I get a "cold." It goes away when I leave the house. Comes back when I come back. Itchy eyes. I never get itchy eyes. Around 4am I want to die or kill someone if that will make it stop. The humidity is finally dropping off. Is it dust mites? Am I allergic to my animals? I may have to start camping in the yard. Because I don't have time to do a deep clean on the house.

It's probably not animals because I was also allergic to my parents' house for...who knows how long? At least since leaving for college, but maybe before that and I never knew better. And they didn't have cats or dogs. Could I be allergic to myself? I don't know if I could live with that. (Pun intended.)

The Question

Eternal
The obvious culprit (obvious to me, anyhow) is the insulation. Is there anywhere in your house where the insulation peeks through into the interior living space? If so, what is it made of?

Oerdin

Pollin, dust mits, mold, who knows? Vacuum and clean more, either air the house put more if you don’t usually do that or less if you do, and keep a sharp eye out for mold.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Make sure you vacuum at least once a week and use a damp microfiber cloth on all your exposed surfaces.

I also make an excellent herbal allergy formula in ACV, would be happy to share the recipe with you. Simple and effective.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Stop smoking crack in your house. That shit is lethal.

Take it outdoors.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Seriously. This time a year I get a "cold." It goes away when I leave the house. Comes back when I come back. Itchy eyes. I never get itchy eyes.

cold remedies that work:
* rest. your body needs rest to heal.
* add moisture to the air.
* up your Vitamin C
* stock up on Zinc
* boil some bones.

you may have heard that it's beneficial to sweat out a cold. while exposure to heated air or exercise may help temporarily relieve symptoms, there's little evidence to suggest that they can help treat a cold.

jack

Stop smoking crack in your house. That shit is lethal.

Take it outdoors.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crack. The only crack I like is between my wife's big toes.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And I'm not anymore. Just like that. Well, maybe a little, but not like I was. Best guess is that the extra blanket at the foot of the bed had lots of dust and gunk collected from The Dog laying on the bed in the summertime and that all got stirred up when I decided it was too warm to get under the covers but too cool for just the sheet I keep in the closet so I don't have to make the bed in the summertime.

jack

The dog sleeps on your bed and you wonder why you have allergies in the house?

How often do you change the sheets and/or dust? :D